Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need help with a bag.

Have a look at Rufus Roo Big pocket Travel jackets.£29.95.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

The problem with most obvious solutions is that they still rely in some way on having part of the load on the shoulders. A properly adjusted pack always puts the majority of the load on the hips but with any straps present I can see a potential issue arising with further injury. You can see why I was getting proper stuck on this now

Then the wheel barrow or trolly,seems the best idea.but depends on terrian,its easier to pull something rather than push.

Hey Jus,

What about something like this

It offers use as a trolley and backpack.
    It's worth noting that there are others out there that may have longer reach handles but the beauty of this is the distribution of weight over the shoulders - carrying loads both front and back (should the lad's shoulders recover enough to carry a load).

P.S - just clocked the price - cheaper options are available!
    When life gets you down...Hammock!
    It's amazing how far away the world can feel when you're suspended just two foot off the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie B View Post
    Hey Jus,

What about something like this

It offers use as a trolley and backpack.
    It's worth noting that there are others out there that may have longer reach handles but the beauty of this is the distribution of weight over the shoulders - carrying loads both front and back (should the lad's shoulders recover enough to carry a load).

P.S - just clocked the price - cheaper options are available!
    That would bee good, but trouble with that style of trolley, is that the wheels are too small for rough terrain
    * LIFE IS GOOD *

As a youngster the healing process is pretty quick, they may be on the mend enough to pack a light ruck and a bum bag with effective padding/dressing.....

Whatever the solution I wish the youngster all the best for a speedy recovery and every success on their DoE journey...

I have fond memories of mine and it shows a certain strength of character to undertake the D o E award..given its completely voluntary.
    [

I remember as a cub or it might have been a scout and I'm talking round about 60years ago every troop had there own big wheeled cart that all the tents and kit whent on and we all pushed with 2 guys up front on a T bar steering it.In them days we all had sheath knive and a wooden staff that was used then we got to camp as an A frame for the canvas tents.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1948 View Post
    I remember as a cub or it might have been a scout and I'm talking round about 60years ago every troop had there own big wheeled cart that all the tents and kit whent on and we all pushed with 2 guys up front on a T bar steering it.In them days we all had sheath knive and a wooden staff that was used then we got to camp as an A frame for the canvas tents.
    Very true Tony.Brings back memories,Think we borrowed ours from the window cleaner...But we were lucky having "benifactor with a lorry."an everything including us got on the back of it for the trip to near Harrogate!Great Mountie Hats too.
    ps used to practicing making "stretchers "with our staffs n a couple of jackets.n have races carring a Victim/patient.who usually got dropped.lol.
    Last edited by midas; 27-07-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Just curious - did you find an appropriate solution for the lad? Hope he was able to continue with his DoE

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1948 View Post
    Same here Tony but it was about 56 yrs ago for me, and you walked along the A roads without any worries at all ! ya couldnt do that now, too many loony tunes out there. Happy dayz ey
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.