Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cornish words for Idiots

The most important Cornish word......pasty. Or is it pastie? Does anyone know if there is a correct spelling or are they both acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Metal mug View Post
    The most important Cornish word......pasty. Or is it pastie? Does anyone know if there is a correct spelling or are they both acceptable?
    Pasty
    When in doubt Brew-Up!

" Teddy Hoggy "

Andy
    I totally reject your reality and substitute my own.

can't beat a bit of regional uk variety, so I'll offer you a "lirral birra Lesta" - Upon arriving to live in Wales I asked a rather attractive local girl "sha we tek uz sarnies dahn the cut?" - To which I was actually requesting "would you care to share a picnic alongside the canal". Never mind, I enjoyed the cheese and pickle and a bottle of vimto on my Jack Jones.
    I spent a load of time working in Bristol and love the "gasheads" - I'm particularly fond of "where's he to?" and of course, found on these here forums the wonderful "going for a bimble".
    Ma's family are from Nottinghamshire and any form of bagged sweet is always "tuffy's".
    It's no wonder our poor American members have to come for clarification of our dialect diversifications!!!!

tharr'l be a post by Jack then ain it
    What the hell do I know about anything I spent 25 years chucking columbiformes into aero engines