Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: An Old Favourite - Nuclear Attack

this was shown on UK TV in 1984.....kind of brought it home to us...particularly as its set in Yorkshire

[

Trapper
    The beautiful San Joaquin valley in California in the U.S.A
    In California schools you got a dog tag with your name ETC. so they could ID your body. At the time we ALL thought it was COOL. Dad had an underground shelter made, and I used it to loose my virginity! Who says the cold war was bad ??

(Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't cause nuke winter, so in a limited exchange the preppers are good to go)
    Last edited by nilo52; 04-05-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by nilo52 View Post
    (Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't cause nuke winter, so in a limited exchange the preppers are good to go)

You are equating two small nukes to several hundred larger ones. You are so dumb!

Quote Originally Posted by nilo52 View Post

Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't cause nuke winter, so in a limited exchange the preppers are good to go
    Thats because they were the equivalent of todays battlefield tactical nukes...the kind of thing they use to take out an airfield - small by todays standards. Watch the link I posted a limited nuke exchange between US/USSR during the cold war would be circa 3000 megatons, as Tommy says...but thousands of times larger
    [

Just goes to show you that the biggest threat to humankind and the world Herself is ourselves, and we've ignored Her warnings year after year. We should've never tinkered with nuclear power - leave that to the sun.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Trapper
    Tommy ,

Actually , I was thinking of a limited exchange between Pakistan and India. neither has the technology to build a hydrogen device as of this post. Nor the ability to deliver the much larger warheads , their stockpiles are probably less than 20 each. This detonation , in all likelihood , would not be enough to trigger a nuke winter. When I said "LIMITED" I was envisioning that only. Of COURSE a larger amount of nukes would cause a nuke winter. I should have been more specific, my bad.
    Last edited by nilo52; 04-05-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Trapper
    Tommy ,

Actually , I was thinking of a limited exchange between Pakistan and India. neither has the technology to build a hydrogen device as of this post. Nor the ability to deliver the much larger warheads , their stockpiles are probably less than 20 each. This detonation , in all likelihood , would not be enough to trigger a nuke winter. When I said "LIMITED" I was envisioning that only. Of COURSE a larger amount of nukes would cause a nuke winter. I should have been more specific, my bad.

So comforting for someone living in bournemouth!

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by snowleopard View Post
    So comforting for someone living in bournemouth!

Joel
    depending on wind direction of course.....dont think your old enough to remember this but the radioactive fall out from the Chernobyl meltdown landed in the Lake District
    [

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    " the radioactive fall out from the Chernobyl meltdown landed in the Lake District "

It think it caused a problem with sheep grazing up that way didn't it Sapper? Or at least some concern about possible effects up that way.