Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moose and the police

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Moose and the police

I follow the local Police on twitter. And my jaw dropped at reading one of their latest tweets.

Turns out someone spotted a moose cow and her calf in the area where I take most of my walks. And have reported it to the police, who in turn
    have alerted the municiplaity wild game commitee. They are the ones who ammong other things are sendt out track and shoot f.ex a moose that has been hit by a car etc.

Now noting will happen to the before mentioned animal in this case. And sensibly the police is just cautioning people not to disturb the animals.

What is funny is that I know there is a whole flock of them up there. At least 8-10 animals. I see their tracks every time I go out, and sometimes see them in the distance.
    I have even photographed them from my front yard :-)

What shocks me is that people really call the police here, in northern Norway because thay ave seen an animal.

People need to get out more...I suggest bushcraft. The police is also invited...
    Last edited by FishyFolk; 17-06-2014 at 09:18 PM.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

If it wasnt you who had told me Rune I would not of believed it, It appears 1/2 the world is crazy, very sad
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

What exactly were this people expecting the police to do?! Rasputin you're right, 1/2 the world is clearly crazy

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    If half are crazy and we the 25% who are not what are the other 25% ?

Quote Originally Posted by Valantine View Post
    If half are crazy and we the 25% who are not what are the other 25% ?
    You got me there Al, maybe muppets
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

What scares me is that the craziness has reached us up here..back in the day most people you met where quite sane...
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Understand what you mean - everyone here starting running around in circles when news got out that there were black bears in the state...sound the alarm, Yogie and Booboo are on the loose!! It's been the same with coyotes, too - you'd think these people have never taken high school biology, let alone studied any bit of local history.

Here's a bit of "news" from earlier in the week, up in Alberta Canada: http://www.wfsb.com/story/25799838/close-encounter
    You'd think people would be used to this, especially that far north where bears are more common.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    Understand what you mean - everyone here starting running around in circles when news got out that there were black bears in the state...sound the alarm, Yogie and Booboo are on the loose!! It's been the same with coyotes, too - you'd think these people have never taken high school biology, let alone studied any bit of local history.

Here's a bit of "news" from earlier in the week, up in Alberta Canada: http://www.wfsb.com/story/25799838/close-encounter
    You'd think people would be used to this, especially that far north where bears are more common.
    People are their own worst enemy.When i was in Alberta,Calgary,N drove up to Banff,n Jasper.Even were are signs warning about bear.Don't stop n get out of your car.(When walking, if youve got a whistle or bells,they hear you coming n clear off)Yet you see tourists photographing them.when you draw their attention,to the dangers!they say "ITs only a baby",Theyve no idea Mummy bear is in the bushes n can run a 30miles an hour.As for moose,they are as common on the roads as cars.N one didnt need an alarm clock for them rubbing on our log cabin.Didnt get any bears,around cabin,cos we were very careful with food scraps.n BBQ leftovers.Great Days....
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Wanderer
    common sense is all that is needed but sadly with many people it is the least common of all the senses.

Tribal Elder
    25% undisclosed
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'