Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Chatterbox and the Wood Gas Stove

The Chatterbox and the Wood Gas Stove

made a vid where I test my new wood gas stove in the dirt for the first time. The runt is also there, chattering away :-)

Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Trapper
    Very enjoyable video as always and so great to see how your son is so infusiastic, going to make a great bushcrafter one day

Yes he is veru easy to bring out with us when we go. But what a chatterbox he is. So sadly sometimes I just tune him out. It takes a lot of concentration to listen and respond to everything that falls out of his mouth :-)

Bushcrafter? Sure. It's soon time to start knife training him :-)

He allready know the song:

Rules for whitling
    Sit on your bum
    strike away from you
    boy or girl
    Then you must never
    whitle towards others
    knife must be in the sheath
    at the end.

Direct translation. The kids learn this song at the daycare centre :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

What a lovely lad.... and your sons a beauty as well, lol He loves his daddy to bits. Its when the damp weather comes as to if its any good or not hey Rune, I cant get on with them.Maybe shop bought are better ! ? ,we'll see.atb Ken
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Its when the damp weather comes as to if its any good or not hey Rune
    But thats when a back up bag of cat litter comes in handy, a small bag will be sufficient for a couple of uses. Oh and as to learning that song in day school Rune maybe we could do with something like that over here to educate our kids in the proper care and use of knives !

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    Wonderful video and it's good to see your son is so enthusiastic. Do you call him snoopy because he likes to sleep on top of his kennel a true outdoorsman in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by John_McC View Post
    But thats when a back up bag of cat litter comes in handy, a small bag will be sufficient for a couple of uses. Oh and as to learning that song in day school Rune maybe we could do with something like that over here to educate our kids in the proper care and use of knives !
    But that defeats the object ! you might as well have gas or meths in that case.... its quicker and cleaner on your pans.
    maybe we could do with something like that over here to educate our kids in the proper care and use of knives !
    Oh yeh I can just hear the politcians now
    Last edited by Rasputin; 06-06-2014 at 10:09 AM.
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

But that defeats the object !
    Depends what the object is. If it is merely to heat food, etc, I'd agree, just use a fuel stove, but if the object is to heat food, settle back, enjoy the constant play of light from the flames in the gathering gloom while you "get out the little pipe and reduce a bit of navy plug to its lowest denomination " (sorry, I don't smoke, I was channelling Nessmuk there for a moment!) or just take a deep breath and take in your surroundings .... I'll take the wood pellets please.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Depends what the object is. If it is merely to heat food, etc, I'd agree, just use a fuel stove, but if the object is to heat food, settle back, enjoy the constant play of light from the flames in the gathering gloom while you "get out the little pipe and reduce a bit of navy plug to its lowest denomination " (sorry, I don't smoke, I was channelling Nessmuk there for a moment!) or just take a deep breath and take in your surroundings .... I'll take the wood pellets please.
    If I want all that I do it proper and light a fire, not enough cosy from that sort of stove for me, and I certainly cant grill a fish how I like it on one.jmo

If I want all that I do it proper and light a fire, not enough cosy from that sort of stove for me, and I certainly cant grill a fish how I like it on one.jmo
    Exactly what I was thinking. I looked at woodgas stoves a while ago, came to the conclusion that if you want a quick brew then it's meths or gas. If your staying in camp overnight then you can't beat a fire!