Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Darn landlords....

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    Feel for you mate, I really do.

Beore vacating, find out what your rights are as I'm sure they can't kick you out for that. Even if you refuse to pay rent, there is a set time allowed by the courts before they are legally allowed to boot you out

Phone Shelter for free advice.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...dvice_helpline

I thought I was having a bad day today whe the garage called and imformed me that while the car is having a service, it will need disks and pads all round, costing £300.00 on top of the service charge.

Keep us up to date Blood, it can only get better mate.
    £300! Get the parts from mill autos or German and Swedish and do it yourself mate, its not that hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Blood View Post
    We know but haven't got the Capitol to buy and us both being self employed really shortens our chances. Time for that self build I've been dreaming of to get under way
    If you haven't got the capitol to buy then I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to afford any land that has planning permission, or the funds to self build! Don't mean to criticize mate as I'm in the same boat!

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    £300! Get the parts from mill autos or German and Swedish and do it yourself mate, its not that hard!
    I could have just gone with the service and bought the parts from Mill Auto like you say, but it would have put the motor out of action again and it was a spur of the moment decision. Ended up paying £374 for full service, disks and pads, sorting out loose handbrake and fix to dipstick tube.

No more buying stuff for me for a while.

Hope it all works out for you mate.
    He who says "he can" and he who says "he can't", are both usually right.

Good luck Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    If you haven't got the capitol to buy then I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to afford any land that has planning permission, or the funds to self build! Don't mean to criticize mate as I'm in the same boat!
    I'm a resourceful bugger! I'm lucky enough to be proficient in most trades. I'm a qualified sparky, carpenter and mechanical engineer, thank you Royal Navy! I've done brick laying and roofing in my youth through my dad being a contractor, so not to say I can do it all, but I have a fair chance of doing a big amount of graft. There is a small chance of swmbo being given some in the near future but will have to wait one for that. One day.....
    Thank you all for the comments
    Winter is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    I could have just gone with the service and bought the parts from Mill Auto like you say, but it would have put the motor out of action again and it was a spur of the moment decision. Ended up paying £374 for full service, disks and pads, sorting out loose handbrake and fix to dipstick tube.

No more buying stuff for me for a while.
    I'v just had to pay out £1,348,00 after my cam belt busted on my Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1948 View Post
    I'v just had to pay out £1,348,00 after my cam belt busted on my Truck.
    Did it damage any pistons Tony or just bent valve stems, Ken
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Broke 5 rockers,6 valve stems bent,bottom pully broke,and cam bent,no damage to pistons.The guy said I could not have done more damage if Id taken a 14lb hammer to it.

Wow. My car isn't worth a fraction of what you are paying for repairs!!
    Winter is coming