Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
Great to meet you Paul, it was a pleasure, even though it was only for a couple of hours !!!.

Right, where do I start !!!.

All day we had been having problems with the car. Got sorted by late afternoon but had to travel to Truro in really hot temperatures with no windows working, couldn't open the fuel cap and only had about 60 miles left before dry. I even commented earlier that this weekends camp wasn't supposed to happen, but my youngest daughter Rebecca was really looking forward to it so I bit the bullet and carried on, what a mistake I made.

Once the tent was put up we had dinner and just got sorted for the evening around the fire. Rebecca wanted Marshmallows on a stick so there she sat with a knife making a point on it, and now you all know what's coming next. Becky knows how to use a knife, she always handles one with the respect it deserves but on this occasion she slipped and went straight through three fingers near the knuckles. She screamed and within a couple of seconds I had hold of her hand as I didn't want her to see what she had done and how bad it really was.

For the fist time ever I forgot to pack my first aid kit but BigT grabbed his and I bandaged her up and took her to hospital. Poor kid, we waited over two hours before she saw the Triage nurse as the place was full of fifty something's with coughs and sore arms !!.

One of the cuts was nearly to the bone and they were seriously considering operating. My girl was so brave all the way from the beginning and we finally got home nearly seven hours later plus 5 very neat stitches at five in the morning.

To top it all off, a little cute bunny decided to play dodge the headlights, but came of worse. A sad end to a terrible day.

Today is another day. Becky still got up at 8.30 after only three hours sleep, not bad for an eight year old. She is feeling a little sorry for herself, which is to be expected but she will be fine.

Lessons learnt over this. I will NEVER forget my first aid kit again and will buy her a glove for when she uses a knife in the future. I'm not going to wrap her in cotton wool over this, she wouldn't let me, but I will make it safer for her.
Sorry to hear that mate.. Hope she is ok..