Thread: Beginning bushcraft

Beginning bushcraft

Hey,

I'm completely new to Bushcraft and I'm not sure where to start. What is the best thing to do to get started? Is there any basic kit that needs to be bought or first skills that should be learned?

matt.

Hi Matt.

Try this thread first --> http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...raft-Beginners Decide whether you'll be a swinger (hammock) or a ground dweller (tent or basha).

Mora knives are an excellent "starter" knife, plus you'll need a decent pack to lug all your stuff around in - again there's loads of discussion about that here.

Then I'd suggest getting on an overnight camp with anyone from the forum - you'll learn more this way than you ever will from books or Youtube.

Good luck!

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

"If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Thanks

Welcome to the community Matt. Just hang around for a while and you will soon start to get an idea of which way will suit you best.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    Take a look around the forum - so much info' available - and ask questions - have fun

Hi Matt,welcome aboard!It'll all fall into place,lots of info on here,let nature take its course.!mike
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown