Thread: Obsidian

Obsidian

so i've been watching Game of Thrones and decided that i need some defence from White Walkers...
    Name:  19gag8k5u1pk8jpg.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  40.9 KB
    I'm in need of some obsidian I know Glen Coe in Scotland's a Volcanic Caldera so in theory there should be Obsidian nocking around that way? I hear the isle of Arran has some but I'm not sure how abundant it is before i commit to a trip up there to find some does anybody know anywhere else you can find some?
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

I read somewhere it's incredibly rare and found mostly in Kazakhstan or around thems parts. Bare with me ill find the link
    Winter is coming

My history was cleared the other so the links gone. Aye I do recall that the Best place to find it in Europe and the Middle East, it being the best samples, was those mountain ranges
    Winter is coming

Yeah Obsidian very rare very expensive ... even small jewellery sized pieces cost a fortune !!!

A blade sized piece , apart from being as rare as rocking horse manure ,

would be ... well .... mongo money !!! Have you considered a nice piece of black flint !?!?

Its all Silicon Dioxide , and I doubt if the White Walkers could tell the difference hey !?!?!

Cheers Whistle
    Life's a beach .... and then the tide comes in ....

might look into flint then i just really want one in a display like above
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

Lol what you like ya big geek.... Ssshhhh, let's go to Kazakhstan n mooch some lol
    Winter is coming

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar

never thought of glass to be honest!