Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: since when did deers eat birds?

since when did deers eat birds?

There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

That's different

yep,not seen that before...then again given the opportunity for a meaty snack does the deer know he's supposed to be strictly veggy?

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    Being an old cynical bloke I'll hold my opinion I think...There's a film on down this way where a bloke loads two elephants, two lions etc: onto a big wooden boat. He does!! you can see it on the screen..no doctored film at all..

Cancel that...just seen another film of a similar bird munching Bambi, and he seemed to be enjoying the change to his usual veggie diet..
    Last edited by saxonaxe; 08-04-2014 at 07:24 PM.

YHER.. its a new one on me too!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	final_deer.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	11990
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    New one for me too

From what I've read as long as the deer can actually eat them. There have been documented instances of deer eating squirrels and rabbits, although it is not known if it was the deer that killed them. However, deer are not physically equipped to eat meat, and in most cases will not be able to bite through thick skin with their teeth. In cases where the deer is unable to reach the nutritious organs inside the body cavity, it instead munches on the limbs.

USGS Report

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q91dUtDYkU

That's it! Can't watch it anymore, making me feel willocky.....

The white dog is saying.."er, 'scues me you're not supposed to be doin' that Dear."..

its official little bambi aint so cute and fluffy! no wonder those hunters carry high power rifles! i feel like ive been totally misled all my life!