Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gypsy flowers

Seen you crafting these over the weekend and I'd have to say they've turned out really nice mate, well done.
    thanks for the left over lime, unfortunately left them behind in the communal tent, never mind they come in handy for the next meet.
    Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

What a nice idea, never heard of gypsy flowers, and feather stick practise is always time well spent.
    thanks for sharing.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    Best of it is when you make them. If you use different wood types and different drynesses they end out really varied in look. Plus they stain lovely with food colouring, as it bleeds is gives a lovely sunburst effect. ATB Shug.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

Oh midge that's a great idea! Will be trying that!!
    Winter is coming

Mrs Shug just read the thread and now she's pestering me for some more lol.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

Hahaha, sorry mate lol
    Winter is coming

It's alright bud, I'll just give her a lesson in how to make them. She can put the billy on this time.
    Border Bushcrafters

they do look really good,i made a couple the other day,turned out ok but couldent get the bottom leaves to stop springing up,i'm guessing i need to make them a bit longer ...atb kev

The trick is when you draw the petals out you press them back by rolling the knife 90 degrees and a tiny bit extra so they crimp up. I usually make them about 3" long when I make them.
    Border Bushcrafters