Thread: been a busy day

been a busy day

i had a good fire at work yesterday so my plan today was to season the oven i got from the tip the other week in the hot embers.
    i got her nice and hot and covered her in sunflower oil then back in the fire,done it a couple of times and let her bake,not sure if i done it exactly as it should be done but it has a nice patina now

i started a spoon this afternoon with a piece of apple i pruned,dident spend to long on it as i needed to get some work done..work i get paid for lol,finished it off tonight with a ash bowl that was needing finished before the wood hardened off

finished another handfull of tent pegs and should have enough now for the caravan awning,had a couple of thin twisted pieces so i made a few feather sticks,allways come in handy

thanks for looking,i'm gonna have a sit down now and get some tea...atb kev

That pot is looking pretty good. If it is black rather than brown then all should be fine.

yep its black,i just looked on a dutch oven site and it says get it hot then oil it and let it cool,the pours of the cast iron open when hot which lets in the oil and close up as it cools taking in the oil,it looks ok but i might try it by the book the next fire i have