Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Firearms/reaction of politicians in the aftermath of (undeniably horrible) events

Firearms/reaction of politicians in the aftermath of (undeniably horrible) events

Firstly

Hungerford, Michael Ryan, a known to authorities person who went ape with a variety of weapons. Assault type rifles banned (except that they are not totally) despite the fact most of his kills were with a 9mm browning pistol.

Dunblane, name escapes me. Idiot known to police as unstable and had been removed from scouting as 'unsuitable' kept his FAC as he was in the same lodge as the Chief Constable went ape in a school with his pistol/s resulting in a knee jerk banning of the majority of shorts. Exceptions are obsolete and some black powder types.

Guns are and have never been a problem it is the muppets behind them. The only thing that these restrictions have brought about is that the majority of serious weapons are now in the hands of the scumbags.

Just look at the shooting incidents in Switzerland as I said on another thread. Folks do their national service (proper training) and keep their service weapon after service and a minimum of ammunition. I am unsure whether they still requalify every so often but I believe it used to be the case (more training) now to me this has a double bonus.
    1) properly trained people who respect the items are less likely to misbehave with them.
    2) anyone of a bent to be a little, shall we say, naughty. With a large likelihood of being shot will think twice.

Please discuss NICELY
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

sorry but forgot slaughtermens kit and I'm sure there are other exceptions that I have not mentioned too but you get the gist.
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Here Here!!Rawfish......Hamilton was his name.Also Most of the Scandenavian countries retain their service rifles n ammunition!
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

I had cause to be called to respond to the Derrick Bird shootings in Cumbria...fortunately we were stood down en route. He killed 12 and injured 11 with legally owned 12g shotgun and a CZ .22 rimfire.

You cannot legislate for criminality, stupidity and insanity
    [

Thanks for that sapper,couldn't for the life of me recall his name!
    There were problems there too were he'd had his ticket pulled.!then reinstated as "No Risk"????
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

That's the fella! Aye I believe you're right but Switzerland was the one I was sure of

Aye Bird was another one and that other idiot Moat.

I was expecting something draconian after them but thankfully not....... so far

Here in Norway the Home Guardsmen keeps their service weapon at home. But after a couple of incidents where guardsmen killed their wives with it, they decided to withdraw the firing pins of the rifles...lol
    Likewise they do not have ammo at home anymore. But they do have a week of hot tenting a year that includes a day or two at the range...my brother is one.

The Volunteer Sharpshooting Association is our largest shooting Association. It's creed is: "The Volunteer Sharpshooting Association goal is to advance the practical shooting skills of the Norwegian People, and thereby quallify it for the defence of the nation" They have 150 000 members. And you can start shooting with them at age 10. I started when I was 12. On day one I was handed a 6.5x55 sharpshooting rifle (Mauser m-98, heavy barrel, dioptre sights etc). and a box with 1000 rounds (sponsored by the army). I kept the rifle in my room. The ammo my dad put in the attic and told me my world would end if I ever touched it, except for training and competition...

It is still like this, except now you have to buy the ammo, and you have to documnet that you have a steel wepons safe for the rifle, and a doubt any of the kids get to keep the rifel hanging on the wall over their bed...

Funny thing though. My mother refused to let me have a shotgun for hunting at age 16...shotguns where what murderes and bank robbers used in her world...(But the Mauser was OK...that was sport and a healthy activity, ha ha
    Nevermind that effective range was 500 to 1000 meters depending on sights and that it could kill at 4000 meter range...

Anyway, we are 5 million people, and we have 1,5 million guns, and have 3 gun murders a year...except that one year that you all know about. But no laws have changed, and I can still apply for and get a licence for a semi-automatic rifle provided I have a legit need for one...the only legit reasons are sport and hunting. So far...
    Last edited by FishyFolk; 23-03-2014 at 08:58 PM.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Firearms/reaction of politicians in the aftermath of (undeniably horrible) ev...

this really makes me boil,as sapper says you cant legislate against a madman,nutter whatever you want to call them,they tighten gun laws and yet gun crime goes up...by folk who have no intention of legally owning a firearm and we get the thumb screws tightend a bit more
    Last edited by jus_young; 23-03-2014 at 09:23 PM.

This is a subject that may bring out strong feelings so let's keep an eye on language folks