Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A video review of the 2012 Frontline Hammock from DD Hammocks.

A video review of the 2012 Frontline Hammock from DD Hammocks.

Hi all

Just to let you all know, I have been lucky enough to have been given one of the new 2012 edition of the Frontline Hammock by DD Hammocks.

Although I state it at the start of this video, I would like to reiterate it here that even though I have been given this hammock by Nick from DD Hammocks to review and keep for free, I feel very uneasy about getting free kit. I dont think that reviewing stuff one has got for free gives a fair and accurate view of the product.

I have no links whatsoever to DD Hammocks and I dont sell these hammocks anywhere, and in the interests of openess, honesty and professionalism I have donated the full retail price (£49) to the Help for Heroes charity which for reasons I wont go into here, I have a very strong connection with.

Anyway, here it is, I hope that you enjoy it.

All the best
    Adrian

Hi Adrian,

great review iam getting the travel tho sandbags bulk buy,

just a quick question if i did the karab mod would you still be able to peg it out with the new tabs and still have enough room inside on the ground?

thanks bud Rich

Adrian, this is another helpful and informative video
    ... but not so helpful, I feel able to resist the temptation to participate in the DD group buy

It is not a question of if I will buy one, just a matter of when

Random off on a tangent question, at the minute I'm looking for a decent pair of walking and bushy pants, what are the ones you are wearing in this video?

Cheers,

Colin
    Last edited by Kernowek Scouser; 07-03-2012 at 08:58 PM.

lol do it do it!!!!!!

Hi Rich

Yep I reckon that there would still be loads of room, as i said in the video there is loads of spare material at the ends that would ordinarily be gathered up and even with a 'biner mod it should still be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by rich290185 View Post
    Hi Adrian,

great review iam getting the travel tho sandbags bulk buy,

just a quick question if i did the karab mod would you still be able to peg it out with the new tabs and still have enough room inside on the ground?

thanks bud Rich

Hi colin

Thanks for the comment mate, the trousers are called "Haglofs Rugged Mountain Pants", great pants but cost a bloomin' fortune. I only earn minimum wage and had to save, beg, borrow, steal and talk to SWMBO very nicely before I got them.

Ade

Quote Originally Posted by Kernowek Scouser View Post
    Adrian, this is another helpful and informative video
    ... but not so helpful, I feel able to resist the temptation to participate in the DD group buy

It is not a question of if I will buy one, just a matter of when

Random off on a tangent question, at the minute I'm looking for a decent pair of walking and bushy pants, what are the ones you are wearing in this video?

Cheers,

Colin

Cool review
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rich290185 View Post

thanks bud Rich
    If you used two krabs per end (as I used to do) you could have the first krab completely the loop near to the hammock material, that way you could just undo the krab to undo the loop and allow you to free up the material, hope that made sense
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Good answer Ash buddy.

Ade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    If you used two krabs per end (as I used to do) you could have the first krab completely the loop near to the hammock material, that way you could just undo the krab to undo the loop and allow you to free up the material, hope that made sense
    so remove the loop with the first krab (hammock end) and re-thread to hang it?

to be fair ill props never use it as a bivvy but you never know

thanks guys