Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What is the BEST bit of kit you have ever bought?

Thumbs up What is the BEST bit of kit you have ever bought?

To go with the 'worst' thread, let's have your opinions on the best for the money.

I'll kick off with Exped dry bags.

Usually just forgotten about after you buy them, but you look at them every time you get your kit out, usually not noticing them.

Value for money and very well made in my book. I've got most of the sizes except the really large one (had to have a Karrimor SF dry bag to go with my Sabre SF, 'coz I'm worth it.)

Steve

best bit of kit I have ever purchased is a yo yo automatic fishing reel (got a dozen actually) they work well, serve multiple purposes and are great presents for friends! (when you forget birthdays etc)
    Bang on!

Petzl e+lite.

Never let me down and gives plenty of light to see what I'm doing.I has a couple of different settings too.

Tribal Elder
    http://www.survival-school.org/Defau...FY9O4QodTWBEEw - Voyager Lite Sleeping bag. First thing I bought. Cheap and goes down to -2 alrightely. Definetely the most used piece of kit. Soon to be replaced but will be on standby!

A £1.50 frying pan I bought in Wilkinsons ages ago. I replaced the placcy handle with a wooden one.
    Me and that little fella have been through a lot together, and he's still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Humakt View Post
    A £1.50 frying pan I bought in Wilkinsons ages ago. I replaced the placcy handle with a wooden one.
    Me and that little fella have been through a lot together, and he's still going strong.
    I've got something very similar Humakt. Much better than these 'camping' frying pans with cheap wire folding handles IMHO.

Steve

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Hmmm, either my Terra Nova Laser Tent, my Osprey Exos 58 rucksack or my Thermarest Neoair sleep mat. All of them keep me comfortable in varying degrees at different parts of the day. So difficult to choose on from the other.

Then again, the MSR Pocket Rocket stove is also very good.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Strömeng 8" Leuku

MSR Titan Titanium Kettle. Weighs almost nothing, holds a little less than a litre of water, easy-pour spout. Just enough for dinner and a hot drink for me. Since it's titanium, it's nearly bomb-proof too. One minor draw-back, it can't be suspended above a fire, but I only use it for boiling water anyway, so I don't really mind the limitation.

I just re-read Martin's post. I have the Pocket Rocket also, and I love that little stove! I usually use Jetboil canisters with it to save a little space.

Josh
    Last edited by jbrown14; 04-02-2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Added comments.

I am a big fan of Rohan stuff (not cheap even in sales) - no connection to seller, etc. but I reckon I should get a discount given how much of tieir gear missus and I have bought.

I work in a hot stuffy environment so the Rohan Essential trousers are a must for me. Not bad for hiking in either. I pretty much wear them all year around except when the temperature gets below zero.
    Mark 8:36