Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: day hike kit

Thats the problem with watching kit videos, i always want to buy more but the best thing about going out with your gear is you soon learn what you really need/use and what you dont.

What's your favourite bit of kit for a hike Dave?

What make of bag is that? It looks somewhat larger than the Snugpak Responsepak that I currently struggle with size wise. Also really don't want to fork out a small fortune for Maxpedition stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    What make of bag is that? It looks somewhat larger than the Snugpak Responsepak that I currently struggle with size wise. Also really don't want to fork out a small fortune for Maxpedition stuff.
    Plenty of OK quality chinese copies on a certain auction site. I have had a couple for 2 years now, and one have seen extensive use. No signs of it failing in any way so far...
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Depends on how you mean favourite? For comfort its got to the pocket rocket and brew kit, nothing better than getting it going to sit and take it all in if you ment kit as in what id choose out of all of it in the video.....think id have to say as long as I got shelter and a fire kit thats a good start...hope that answers it for you?? If not let me know, its great to share ideas etc

Heres a link to the bag...definitely recommend it! http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00A...sbs_3?pi=SS115

It is just abit bigger than a snugpak (selling point for me) definitely worth the £10! It has the shoulder strap but also a belt strap that can be tucked away if you prefer to shoulder carry.

[QUOTE=Dave ward;111259]Depends on how you mean favourite? For comfort its got to the pocket rocket and brew kit, nothing better than getting it going to sit and take it all in if you ment kit as in what id choose out of all of it in the video.....think id have to say as long as I got shelter and a fire kit thats a good start...hope that answers it for you?? If not let me know, its great to share ideas etc[
    /QUOTE]

totally, at the minute I've become very attached to my bothy bag. after thinking they were daft for ages, I've now decided that it is my most versatile of of kit...