Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Military History

for my sins i dident do any armed service,wish i had,i feel like i'm ready for it now more than i was as a youngster though at 43 i am "passed it" now

did my basics and was kicked out on count of my knees
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

I progressed from Air Cadet to adult staff in the RAF VR (T). Duties included (but were not restricted to) mini bus driver, cook, administrator, pilot, instructor, range officer and treasurer. I left due to work and rejoined some years later as a civilian instructor and ended up running a squadron. I had some great times and was lucky enough to get on a Mountain Leadership course in Snowdonia. Not sure if I will go back to what is fundamentally "youth work" but I certainly haven't ruled it out....
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

National Service,1958-61..(2+1)one of the last "Virgin Soldiers".
    RASC,Royal Army Service Corp,(or Run Away Someonesw Coming,as others called us)Did some Para training n jumps,but couldnt keep my weight down.
    MALAYA n GERMANY.....Enjoyed it!After the first 13 weeks,Though they werent too bad as I'd enlisted in T.A. When I new I might be called up!!Already had Bulled Boots,n flattened brasses,n nicely Blanco'd Belts.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown