Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knife making wip

Knife making wip

Thought I'd start another wip as I always enjoy following them and hopefully you'll enjoy watching as much as I do making

OK. This knife is supposed to be a companion to my friction folder I made. http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=114682

Although full tang and a longer blade. I Started with some 5 or 6 mm 01 steel and roughly cut out with a hacksaw.then ground to rough shape.

Then set to work on the bevels

Here it is next to the ff.

Not sure how far ill get on this wip(my first born is due on fri) but we'll see. It'll get done eventually.

Thanks for looking kris

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Looks good so far

Cheers dude

Tonight's progress is holes drilled and first stage of a full height convex grind

Nice!

And best wishes for Fri (especially to yer mrs as it's her who will be doing all the work)
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Thank you very much

Kris

Your work looks amazing. If i had put more time into trying to make a knife instead of thinking about it, I would have made several by now.

As a complete novice and knowing nothing apart from converting an old wallpaper scraper into a lookalike knife many moons ago, what internet info/site would you suggest if I was considering making my own.

Congrats to you both on the forthcoming arrival. Cherish every moment and take loads of photos, as before long they are at school and they aren't babies any more.

Thank you chubbs. I would suggest Britishblades. There is a whole wealth of info on that site. And you tube. There is literally thousands of video on knife making

Fingers crossed,hope all goes well for the "three of you"(unless its twins)Best wishes,M
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Very nice blade, I like the idea of posting the 'wip' (took me a few minutes to figure that out...my coffee hasn't quite reached the gray matter.)

All the best to you, your wife and new one: I guess that'd be today! It's still thursday here in the US. Congrats, and I pray all goes well.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by midas View Post
    Fingers crossed,hope all goes well for the "three of you"(unless its twins)Best wishes,M
    Ha! I just saw this.
    First time through was twins for my wife and me. Quite a surprise at first, but they're almost 6 now and our third is due in August.