Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Whats your tipple? Whats in your hip flask?

Quote Originally Posted by ian c View Post
    Cheers for that rawfish I will have to keep my eyes open for it, one of the best Brandy's I have had was in Kosovo and we used to get from a small shop run by a old man and we would stop by the shop as and when we could, he would always get a drink out which we called "sip in a ditch" I do not know how to spell the proper name of it, anyway we would buy our Brandy from him (not the slip in a ditch) then get back on patrol.
    Slivovic....Rune
    [

Aye I 'know' sleep-in-a-ditch well from Bosnia. The Kuskavac was good stuff too. Strange to be making alcoholic milkshakes but drinkable all the same!
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Morgan's Spiced Rum. Even better when mixed with some coke and warmed over the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by rawfish111 View Post
    Aye I 'know' sleep-in-a-ditch well from Bosnia. The Kuskavac was good stuff too. Strange to be making alcoholic milkshakes but drinkable all the same!
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    Slivovic....Rune
    Had a few rounds of that yes. It is goooood!

I used to like my G&T's. In Khartoum I used to sit on the roof and watch the sun go down while I downed one of those. Just to keep the malaria at bay of course...lol

Else I am fond of Irish Whiskeys. Tullamore Dew, Jamesson and my favourite Busshmills Black Bush.
    But will never turn down a Vodka Red bull... that stuff is dangerously good...

But alas...have not had a drink or a beer in 3 years. Last time I had a beer it sent me to hospital. Alcohol and Chrons is not combinable.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

I would love to love whisky, but I just can't stand the stuff unfortunately, and I'm a little envious of those that love it.
    One of my buddies collects fine whisky's and has an impressive collection. No matter how hard I try, it's just not my things. Gutted!

I'm a grape man and just love my Cognac, Armagnac, and many good XO Brandy's.
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

My in-laws got me a bottle of Speyburn single malt and I have a flask of that in my jacket, it's very smooth stuff

Trapper
    Anything I can get my hands on
    Not all those who wander are lost .... J. R. R. Tolkien.

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    I can testify to that !
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    And to be fair Ime of the same ilk
    Last edited by Rasputin; 11-03-2014 at 10:32 AM.
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.