Thread: Cheeky Solo Overnighter

Cheeky Solo Overnighter

I got that feeling, so off I went.
    Got my camera, binos and pack and headed off to see if I could find the elusive deer of Cobham Park.

I set off from the east entrance of the reserve so I would be up wind and hopefully the deer wouldn't smell me coming. Slowly making my way around the farmers fields borders, I came over the brow of the hill and spotted one about 50m. It was a large doe who hadn't made me at first. In typical fashion I went for the camera popped my head over the brow and got her in my viewfinder, just as I was about to take the shot she spotted me and darted for the wood, all I managed to get was a blurry picture of her bum dashing into the thick.
    Oh well, been a nice day, I'm now set up and got a fire going, had some dinner of spicy noodles and flame grilled chorizo, and now onto the bannock stick.

I don't have the blurry picture of the doe's arse as it's on my main camera but here's a few shots of the pit.

A clear chilly night. Awesome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393706646.077188.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	11755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393706665.843221.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	11756Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393706714.660162.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	11757
    Last edited by f0rm4t; 01-03-2014 at 09:56 PM.
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

wrap up warm mate, its going to be a cold one!
    I will keep an eye out for you in the morning, I am out that way on the motorbike tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by simonkent View Post
    wrap up warm mate, its going to be a cold one!
    I will keep an eye out for you in the morning, I am out that way on the motorbike tomorrow.
    Nice and warm by the fire bud, and just put a hot nalgene in between the sleeping bag and the the underquilt. I'll be toasty.

I'll listen out for you in the morning. Ha!

Just watching the camp tv flicker red and amber. Couldn't be happier!

Turning in soon
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Samuel Hearne
    Have a good time mate and hopefully you will get a picture of a doe in the morning.

Stay safe and warm Paul,have a good one Atb.............Tony.