Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No fish left in the sea's...

Yes it is very effective. Done it myself a couple of times. Yet again, most lakes here are over populated, giving 10 year old trout that is 100-200 gram sized...

But I prefer the good old UL rod and spinner approach.

Minimum sizes for salrt water fish was not introduced until 2010 here.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Yes it is very effective. Done it myself a couple of times. Yet again, most lakes here are over populated, giving 10 year old trout that is 100-200 gram sized...

But I prefer the good old UL rod and spinner approach.

Minimum sizes for salrt water fish was not introduced until 2010 here.
    I'm more a fly man myself, even for saltwater.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Midge_Fodder View Post
    I'm more a fly man myself, even for saltwater.
    I use 14" beach caster rods for dead bait, or salmon rods chucking lead lures on the beach. In a boat I use a 30lb boat rod and Norway priks, or shads.
    Fly rods are somethiong I've never mastered. I do own one, but I have never, ever caught anything on a fly rod.

The only times I catch on flies is when I use the most popular fresh water fishing method in Norway. A salmon rod, casting a 50-60 gram casting float. with 2-3 flies down the trace and one at the end...
    very effective as casting length are to the horizon...then reel in slooooooooowly.

But I normally leave that to the wife as it so boring. I preffer stalking the fish with my UL rod..
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum