Thread: Highlander Rucksacks

Tramp

Highlander Rucksacks

Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me the differences between the 'Highlander Pro Force' and 'Highlander Trooper' range of rucksacks?
    I've been looking at treating myself to a new rucksack lately and was wrongly under the impression that they were the same thing.
    Thanks in advance.

Alan

I don't think there is much difference, if any at all?
    The quality will be the same I guess
    Previously known as Kieran, joined NBC in 2010, then lost my account details last year
    you must succeed mentally,
    http://www.ruralsurvival.co.uk/
    http://www.ruralsurvival.co.nz/

As I understand it the trooper range is a slightly poorer/cheaper, spec aimed at Cadets and territorials, whereas the proforce range is higher spec for regulars. What that actually means in terms of materials and construction I have no idea

I have the Proforce 80lt.
    All I can say is, it's big, green, lots of padding, holds everything, bomb proof, comfy & I love it

Tramp
    Thanks for the comments.

Although I've never seen either in the flesh, having read as much as I can find on t'internet, I suspect SteveW may be correct in saying that the trooper is possibly the cheaper spec.

I had also considered the Sabre 45 as an option, but I seem to recall trying one on at some time in the past and found it too short for my back. I'm 6'1" and although I don't particularly require a large capacity pack, I was thinking of getting the 66 litre highlander for the extra length.

Can anyone suggest a likely source of Highlander packs in the Lancashire/Manchester areas as I don't seem to be able to find any online?

Thanks again.

Alan

The Highlander proforce has an adjustable back system, the shoulder straps can be adjusted up or down to fit your style of carry.
    I got mine on line for £50 from here http://www.militarymart.co.uk/index....roduct_id=1328
    They are a bit slow, but if you phone them they keep you informed, If I've got the right store, it was a few years ago.
    Or at Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Litre-Forces...rce+highlander

Tramp
    Thanks Paul, much appreciated.

I've bought a few items from Military Mart recently and had seen the ProForce on their website, but it seems they are out of stock.

It looks like there are several other online suppliers, but I am hoping to find a stockists locally where I can try one on before purchase.

Alan

Tramp
    I brought a Highlander Pro-forces 88litre after seeing Paul Defitter's one.
    Got mine online from WWW.OUTDOORVALUE.CO.UK and that was in May last year it cost £64.49 and only took a few days to arrive.

Only problem I have had with it was the hip belt buckle kept popping open when I pulled the belt to tighten it, but I more than likely had a one off, apart from that its great.

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    Only problem I have had with it was the hip belt buckle kept popping open when I pulled the belt to tighten it, but I more than likely had a one off, apart from that its great.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar problem with the plastic buckles on a sleeping bag stuff sack, Simon. If I may suggest?

Dreadful photo showing wobbly buckles..

The secret process involving boiling water dunking and teaspoons...

Good as new..might be worth a try for opening out the claws on your buckle..