Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Nightingale

It would not surprise me if you have seen/heard one, we have year on year had Starlings nest in our loft and they have been busy round here this last week in what looks like nest building, much earlier than other years. Hopefully this means we don't get the cold and snow of past years, but that weather has struck later in the year before.

Rob.

more sitings (or hearings today) have you checked out any local twitchey-birderery forums, I know last year we had some unusual visitors and note pads, bino's, zoom lenes and anoraks appeared all over the show!
    If it's vaguely newsworthy word gets out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-01-10 13.36.16.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	11707

this uber mild weather is a right muck up, wild strawberries in flower 5 weeks ago!(albeit one plant in a sheltered spot- still worth a geeky photo)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    So, if I'm correct, the OP is saying that on his way to work, he heard and saw a bird that he can't identify? That's quite a topic for discussion.

I'll stick to sausages in lard!

Martin
    So Martin, when you say OP are you using the military anac. ie observation post or do you mean something else ?
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    So Martin, when you say OP are you using the military anac. ie observation post or do you mean something else ?
    Hey Ras He means Original Poster ... It is written in full at the top of the first post in a thread .

What worries me is why the original poshcrafter is getting involved with sausage in lard ... Ha ha ha !!!

Cheers Whistle
    Life's a beach .... and then the tide comes in ....

Ta Whistle, but for the light of me I cant find it anywhere on the thread, unless Ime having another snr moment,lol, Ken
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Ta Whistle, but for the light of me I cant find it anywhere on the thread, unless Ime having another snr moment,lol, Ken
    Sorry mate ... Look at top of this page ... "your Originally Posted by Rasputin" in the blue Quote box ...

I knew it was there somewhere !!! Ha ha ha !!!

Cheers Whistle

Doh ! told ya snr moment, Ime looking at very 1st post yesterday at 9-?? post #1 cant see the wood for the trees, thanks Whistle, Ken

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Sausages contain lard, so why not store them in lard which would make them easier to fry/confit? Got to be better than nightingales in lard!!

Martin
    Last edited by Martin; 26-02-2014 at 07:11 AM.
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    better than nightingales in lard!!

Martin
    Ha ha ha !!! Posh crafter grub hey ?!?! You'll be telling us where we can get Larks Tongues in Aspic next !!!

Cheers Whistle

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    Aye badgers noses, ocelots earlobes ............
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk