Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naked Rambler

Naked Rambler

Did anyone see the Naked Rambler on BBC 1 last night ? unbelievable that guy, he did a 6 year stretch in a Scottish jail then walked out naked as a jaybird!

He then walked from Scotland to Southampton naked with a pretty full looking Berghaus Cyclops on his back.

The best bit was when he walked over the Pennines in the snow.........fair play....its bleedy freezing up there.

To top it all off when he stopped to pitch his tent he put his clothes back on.........errrrr....ok then !

Glen
    "Appearance is Important, so remember to Smile"

Nelson Mandela

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Funny old lot us Brits eh..

I started off feeling a bit sorry for the bloke but as it got a bit deeper it became very apparent he liked the publicity.

He didn't seem to bothered about missing 6 years of his two kids lives either which to me is just wrong.

I think you'll find he was English JP...........Ha Ha

Glen

Nelson Mandela

i found a pair of naturists taking a dip in a stream once... good on em tho! they must have been about 60+ just swimming around happy as larry even offerd me a brew... needless to say i was in a rush back home....
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernYeti View Post
    i found a pair of naturists taking a dip in a stream once... good on em tho! they must have been about 60+ just swimming around happy as larry even offerd me a brew... needless to say i was in a rush back home....
    You didn't feel tempted then ?

Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by GlenM View Post
    I started off feeling a bit sorry for the bloke but as it got a bit deeper it became very apparent he liked the publicity.
    I don't think it was the publicity he craved, I think the guy was lost. Just by looking at him and the way he rambled, something set this behaviour off well before the started the first naked walk.

The brain is a funny old thing. Chemical imbalance? or maybe a way of coping with grief, the answer to his naked walking might never be known.

Fair comment, he said he had an epiphany whilst walking in the woods somewhere in Canada. That still didn't explain why he does it.

I can't understand his acceptance of lengthy prison sentences, most of which in solitary.

Glen

Nelson Mandela

It certainly was different
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Its more about sticking twos up at the establishment imho and demonstrating that the freedoms we 'enjoy' aren't really freedoms at all....either that or the free board and lodgings
    [

You feeling better Wayne, you had man flu ?
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.