Thread: Bush tucker man - Les Hiddins - Legend

Tribal Elder

Bush tucker man - Les Hiddins - Legend

Used to watch this guy before going to school... before knowing bushcraft could even be relevant (or infact, that from being local to the highlands I already knew a fair bit).

Awesome

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    I used to love his programmes. I saw him on with Ray Mears the other night, seems like such an interesting character.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Yes, it was good one that Martin, it was good to see them swapping ideas.
    It doesnt half take you back watching the 'Bushtucker Man'...i always wanted his landrover and trailer.

Nice post comanighttrain, i realy enjoyed watching that, isnt it interesting how natives from Australia and from the South American jungles catch fish using the same methods ?
    Last edited by klause; 03-02-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    There's no brew without fire.

Tribal Elder
    I seen that episode on youtube but didnt get round to watching it yet. I watched the start of Ray Mears in Arnhem... It's the first time I've seen Ray actually look like crap! Scary stuff.

I have one of his books, its shows his journeys all over the top end of Oz so you can follow them if you want. I really like looking at it and dreaming of the day that I will get to do one the journeys.

Last edited by resnikov; 03-02-2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Found link for book.
    resnikov

"You can do loads in 12 minutes. Suck a mint, buy a sledge, have a fast bath"

My blog & twitter

well if your ever down under look me up, he (and other Vietnam vets) are currently trying to get part of the top end of QLD (Cape york) area as a park they can retreat to and enjoy. His son isn't a bad bloke either, but hey... they are both officers...

Anyway, If your down here you may as well get up there to Pandanus Park. Who doesn't want to catch a 4 foot barramundi, shoot a trophy pig, goat & buffalo??? (Side note. Scrub bull is now listed by SCI as a trophy species. Plenty of those and brumbies around, donkey, banteng and deer aren't too far away.... then again neither is some great reef fishing! and there are no crocs 100 miles out to sea!!!)

So where the bloody hell are ya? haha
    Last edited by feebullet; 03-02-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Does anyone remember what the name of the type of hat he wears? I know the old stockmen used to wear them.
    Do you want to be happy or do you want to be normal?

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal mug View Post
    Does anyone remember what the name of the type of hat he wears? I know the old stockmen used to wear them.
    It's called an Akubra hat.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    It's called an Akubra hat.

Martin
    Thanks Martin. Maybe you're not so evil after all.
    Do you want to be happy or do you want to be normal?