Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An interesting find...

There are old charcoal burners huts on the hills near my house, long, long disused, both they make fine bothys. They are so far off the beaten track, you don't get disturbed. When im up next ill get a snap or two and get the daughter to put them on here!

Great find, Stevie - you never know what you may discover in your local woods . A friend of mine (and amateur geologist) found a decently-sized cave in my area, perfectly concealed from most people...he nearly stumbled into it the first time.
    Last edited by OakAshandThorn; 18-02-2014 at 05:16 PM. Reason: grammar error >:(
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    I found an ww2 rifle range at my local woods. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. But finding huts and bothies always a good find. There's definitely a couple up Woodcockaire near me. I think they were used as part of the Hoddom estate at some point.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk