Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: When did you last hear a Cuckoo?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    Thought Id already posted on here about it. Last Thursday Home Styes Wood near Holmfirth (The 'Summer Wine' Village) I videoped it but dont have a site to download it to put it on here
    I think photobucket will accept videos, and so will videobam, and a load of others. You could always upload it to your facebook, as a publicly viewable file, then share the link here
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by crazysaint222 View Post
    You could always upload it to your facebook, as a publicly viewable file, then share the link here
    thats a point.....
    [

was woken by a cuckoo this morning on a little overnight kit test Cuckoos, Grouse, pheasant, robins, chaffinch, plovers......a mass of wildlife
    [

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Great to hear! There's rumours of a Cuckoo being heard nearby my homestead @ St Eval, I'll keep an ear'out.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

I heard a Cuckoo the entire last week while hunting for roe buck. It was almost annoying as it kept on going for hours. By the way! I shot a nice 2 year old buck with a four-end trophy. 15,5 kg gutted.

Just done a 200 mile coast to coast across Scotland and I heard one every day apart from the last two, ten out of twelve wasn't bad though. My walking partner thought it was me making the noise after the first couple of days until he heard one whilst I was snoozing in the sun. At a place called Tarfside, when we were nearing the east coast, I counted three pairs in the field where we camped.