Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you last hear a Cuckoo?

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Question When did you last hear a Cuckoo?

I haven't heard a Cuckoo in ages! When was the last time that you've heard one?

I'm worried their population might be suffering.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

I hear them every spring! Tis a lovely woods this
    Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!

Anyone else heard them?

Quote Originally Posted by greenpete View Post
    I hear them every spring! Tis a lovely woods this
    I'm concerned about them, I think they're really lacking in the South-West over the past few years
    Ashley Cawley

Leave No Trace

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    I can't remember the last time I heard a cuckoo, that's why I couldn't vote in the poll. Well, actually, I used to hear on every hour on the hour but I don't think that counts.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I can't remember the last time I heard a cuckoo, that's why I couldn't vote in the poll. Well, actually, I used to hear on every hour on the hour but I don't think that counts.

Martin
    I can't remember hearing one in ages, I can only definitively remember hearing one when I was younger, possibly 10 years ago even? Very sad.

Did you see the Cuckoo on that Dartmoor - Earth Pilgrim DVD Martin? GreenPete is watching that one this evening I think.
    Ashley Cawley

Leave No Trace

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    I can't remember hearing one in ages, I can only definitively remember hearing one when I was younger, possibly 10 years ago even? Very sad.

Did you see the Cuckoo on that Dartmoor - Earth Pilgrim DVD Martin? GreenPete is watching that one this evening I think.
    Yes, I did hear the one on there, and I've decided to visit Wistman's Wood on my trip to Dartmoor next week. It will be virtually the midway point of my journey.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Yes, I did hear the one on there, and I've decided to visit Wistman's Wood on my trip to Dartmoor next week. It will be virtually the midway point of my journey.

Martin
    Wow, excellent! There was a whole part about the Cuckoo on that DVD showing how it invaded anothers nest etc. Do me a favour Martin and make your TXT alert on your mobile the sound of a Cuckoo, so when your at Wistman's Wood I can text you and you can officially say you heard a Cuckoo in November in Wistman's Woods!
    Ashley Cawley

Leave No Trace

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    Wow, excellent! There was a whole part about the Cuckoo on that DVD showing how it invaded anothers nest etc. Do me a favour Martin and make your TXT alert on your mobile the sound of a Cuckoo, so when your at Wistman's Wood I can text you and you can officially say you heard a Cuckoo in November in Wistman's Woods!

Good thinking.

Martin

Alone in the Wilderness
    Cuckoo calls were synonymous with my childhood trips to the local brook, counting the abundant newts and trying to identify the stickleback varieties! Years onward and I cannot honestly remember the last time I heard a cuckoo! :-/

im in south wales and im sad to say i've never heard a cuckoo in my life.