Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New toy.

New toy.

Bought my self a new toy for a bit of target practice in the garden,I have a long garden.Also bought single red dot sights off ebay for 99p,but the postage was '£10.All I need now is some broadhead tips and Im ready to go Wild bore huntting.not really,its aganst the law to hunt with bow or cross bow in this country,shame.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BILD0059.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	10897Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BILD0062.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	10898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BILD0061.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	10899You can see the red dot above the target.

on the crossbow.

I wonder what the back story is to banning bows/crossbows for hunting. I believe catapults are still legal, which seems odd because they're more likely to cause suffering through non-fatal injuries than a bow or crossbow.

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    Boar hunting!! Looking at the colour of those bolts, you'd have more luck hunting Miss Piggy......

Quote Originally Posted by saxonaxe View Post
    Boar hunting!! Looking at the colour of those bolts, you'd have more luck hunting Miss Piggy......

What's the draw weight of that Tony? I shoot a re-curve bow and occasionally an old compound bow, not seriously, just for plinking at set up targets )

The evil Sheriff of Nottinghams men can rarely get safely closer than 30 good paces...

I'd be interested to know how you get on with your new Crossbow, I'm tempted..

It said on the box it is 175lb,it came with open sights and I shot a 3in target with them,it took a time to sight the red dots in they sit about an inch higher on the bridge and are spot on at 35ft,I'v manage 4 bolts in a 3in target.

Very nice that. I do think your cheating with a cross-bow, but that is a very nice toy.
    175lb, heavy duty. I've sent bolts through my fence, and the metal garage door, with less poundage than that. The Missus doesn't know that.

Enjoy using it, before they end up certificated like shotguns, it's only a matter of time
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

175lb, that's pretty hefty, you'll end up looking like Arnie if you shoot that bow a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by saxonaxe View Post
    PMSL
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.