Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dont lend any one you'r sharp's

Nice work there Tony, course he'll like it, what's not to like.

I learned not to lend tools when someone used my mora as a screw driver... Instead of the screw driver on his leatherman.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiTheIronHound View Post
    I learned not to lend tools when someone used my mora as a screw driver... Instead of the screw driver on his leatherman.
    Someone once tried to use my mates gerber to "cut a wire fence", chips all the way up the blade, took me ages to repair.

Lately I was out on a field with a collaque of mine looking after a crop. At some point he asked if I had a knife on me. I hand over my opinel - freshly sharpened to shaving sharpness - and what does the lad do? Sticks it several times into the soil with a twisting motion (a very heavy sticky soil wet and with lots of gravel) to retrieve the root of a plant. Hands it back dirty (all the sand and muck in the twist-locking mechanism) and as blunt that you could ride it to mexiko and back without worries with a "Thanks!" All I could utter was "If I knew you were gonna do that..."

Another case of - JUST DON'T!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Primerib View Post
    Lately I was out on a field with a collaque of mine looking after a crop. At some point he asked if I had a knife on me. I hand over my opinel - freshly sharpened to shaving sharpness - and what does the lad do? Sticks it several times into the soil with a twisting motion (a very heavy sticky soil wet and with lots of gravel) to retrieve the root of a plant. Hands it back dirty (all the sand and muck in the twist-locking mechanism) and as blunt that you could ride it to mexiko and back without worries with a "Thanks!" All I could utter was "If I knew you were gonna do that..."

Another case of - JUST DON'T!!!
    I've had this kind of thing happen too often, people use a nice knife as a pry bar, screwdriver...etcetera. If anyone asks if I have a knife that they can borrow for a moment, I usually get a skeptical look on my face, put my hand protectively over my pocket and say, "Whyyyyy? What do you need it for?" Then more often than not, end up getting that person the correct tool.

My uncle was that sort of a guy....if you lent him an anvil it would come back bent.