Thread: ~Local Tailors~

Thumbs up ~Local Tailors~

Hi all,
    Just thought I would share my experience with a local tailor. I was lucky enough to recieve a pair Fjallraven Barrent trousers for my birthday at the end of last month, they come in a raw length which means they can be made to exactly to length. My options were to do a DIY job at home with some hem tape or get a profesional job done. I have had little long term success with hem tapes on my work trousers so I wasn't confident with them lasting this time either. So I hunted out a tailor via FB friends, a response came back from my cousin giving me some grief as I had forgot she did it for a living! I headed off to see them and was measured up, I was delighted to be told that with my family discount it would only cost £5! The normal cost I feel is still cheap at £8.50, so I will be getting some other stuff sorted later on. I am picking up the trousers Monday before work so I will let you know how they have done.
    I guess what I am trying to say is, support your local business, I was supprised how cheap this was even without the discount. I am sure their work will last the life of the trousers and I feel good knowing that I am keeping my local people in work.

The Tailor in question for the members who live in the Swindon area is:
    Micheals Tailoring
    Unit 56 BSS House
    Cheney Manor Ind Est.
    Swindon
    SN22PJ
    01793 480 902

So I dropped them off this morning at 8am and I get a call at 11.30am to say they are ready

They did a really good job, and they deserve the box of Roses I took in for them!

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    That's not bad BTW. Similar here got a nice lassie 'Robyn' that does alterations for me along similar lines incl' my Veterans attire, first class service. Aye it's always good to show your appreciation too
    Regards
    David

nice one need a repair on my hammock so i'll be looking into them cheers Stamp

Madz
    I'm a simple man, pleased by simple things...................Nature wins.

Take your time and do not rush, take in every thing while out in the brush.