Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A toast..

Major respect to the NHS and all that were involved in the care of your son at the time. I have had much more than my monies worth from the NHS over the years and can't thank them enough.

Recently there has been a very sad incident where a local Paramedic went missing, his personal belongings were found at a notorious suicide spot and he was recovered a few weeks later. Sadly, too many front line workers are suffering from PTSD,
    mainly because it is not picked up on in the early stages of the illness. With massive cuts to the NHS budget and restructuring of front line services, these sorts of incidents will increase until something is changed.

If we personally know of anybody in this area of employment, keep and eye on them, just in case.

I'm pleased that your son will make a speedy recovery Saxon Axe, send him best wishes from my family and me.

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    The guys and girls on the frontlines are the salt of the earth, it's the bureaucrats that run the NHS I have no time fir

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    Ditto......apparently the NHS is rubbish...still manage to bring many folks back from the brink of death. Glad your lads on the mend
    +1.

Glad hes getting better bud ..... My mum and my partners mum are both nurses in the NHS, the work they put it is ridiculous but its helping people like your son that keeps them going into work with a smiles on their faces... all the best matey!

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    Thanks for all the good wishes folks. When he was a youngster he complained to his Mum it was like growing up in Sparta.. But now it pays dividends, his attitude is good. As he said, It's only bones that need to mend now and that's not much of a problem..

Well said all.

Pete

Rsised horn.....sounds like a proud family and well done to the medics.

Firstly, great to hear your son is home with you and terrible news about the bike accident.

I'll toast the NHS as well. Whilst they may not be great at everyday care, when it comes to essentials, they've been there for me/us. Our first was born by emergency caesarean due to "distress" which they picked up on quickly. Dragged out covered in green (I'm told - fathers not allowed to be present for emergency caesareans) and spent a while in neonatal. My wife had serious pre-eclampsia with our second and we nearly lost them both, with her in intensive care for weeks afterwards and him in neonatal for ages (he was two months premature). I'm nearly in tears just writing about it again.

But, all's well that ends well they say. Thank you NHS for my little clan!

May he be back on his feet in no time. My thoughts go out to you and your family, mo chara. Sláinte mhaith!
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Trapper
    Best wishes too your son, I still have 2 hands thanks to the NHS! And straight shoulders and legs.. And too many other injuries to mention! And after all this I don't remember meeting a doctor/nurse that wasn't cheerful and comforting. People love to moan until they need the people they're moaning about.. If I could afford to not work I'd volunteer as a 1st responder or similar definitely.
    failing to prepare = preparing to fail

Pray not for a lighter load, but for a stronger back.

Quote Originally Posted by saxonaxe View Post
    Thanks for all the good wishes folks. When he was a youngster he complained to his Mum it was like growing up in Sparta.. But now it pays dividends, his attitude is good. As he said, It's only bones that need to mend now and that's not much of a problem..
    Its like we talked about in west quay bakers John, positive mental attitude... it makes a big difference to recovery, ATB, Ken
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.