Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Natural remedies to moderate / relieve the syptoms of Arthritis

Know whatcha mean Colin,
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Isle of Wight (and often Cornwall in my wee caravan there!)
    Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    First off, I would include ginger and turmeric in your cooking, as both reduce the inflammation. Applying a cream containing capsaicin (active ingredient in cayenne peppers) to affected areas should ease the pain. And lastly, I'd recommend bathing in hot water with 5 drops of rosemary essential oil and 5 drops of eucalyptus added...soak for around 15 minutes - aromatherapy is amazing .
    I second this! All works too.
    The best classroom and the richest store cupboard are roofed only by the sky. Margaret McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by ADz View Post
    Cannabis
    Absolutely, a wonder drug hidden by WHO until they can market it as a cure all.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandlady View Post
    I second this! All works too.
    '1001 Natural Remedies' by Laurel Vukovic (and the editors of the Natural Health Magazine) is quite a remarkable book .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Reading with interest, another victim here. I once heard of folks stinging themselves with nettles on the area suffering pain, I tried it and it worked. I can't say it is something I do on a regular basis but when things get bad a little swing through the nettles works wonders!

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernowek Scouser View Post

Any opinions on acupuncture?
    I have just asked my Janie who is a trained acupuncturist n she says it will help and stop bone deformity but you will need ongoing treatment.
    Good luck with that one Colin..

Isle of Wight (and often Cornwall in my wee caravan there!)
    Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    '1001 Natural Remedies' by Laurel Vukovic (and the editors of the Natural Health Magazine) is quite a remarkable book .
    Yes I have her book. I am very blessed and honoured to have been trained in part, by Penelope Ody, the leading uk herbalist. She has written hundreds of books - this one is a great all rounder:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Herb-Society...9754750&sr=1-4

So many different herbal treatments - answers are all in the plants we just have to learn - the world keeps exploring herbs, what a same so many indigenous tribes have become extinct and therefore unable to share their vast traditional knowledge.
    The best classroom and the richest store cupboard are roofed only by the sky. Margaret McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Reading with interest, another victim here. I once heard of folks stinging themselves with nettles on the area suffering pain, I tried it and it worked. I can't say it is something I do on a regular basis but when things get bad a little swing through the nettles works wonders!
    When my neck is particularly 'crunchy' and the back of my head is throbbing, to the extent it feels as if SWMBO has decided to join in with the cannon fire in the 1812 overture, by thwacking my noggin with her heaviest frying pan, I'm pretty much game to try anything.

On top of the medical advice I have already received, this thread has given me more options to investigate and evaluate; as a fellow sufferer, if you are looking for other options, I hope you find this thread helpful too.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    I have just asked my Janie who is a trained acupuncturist n she says it will help and stop bone deformity but you will need ongoing treatment.
    Good luck with that one Colin..
    Thank Janie for me Jonny, acupuncture is definitely an option I want to explore and as I know bugger all about it, it is handy to know at the beginning of my search, that if it is an option I chose to try, for it to be effective it would have to be an ongoing as opposed to a one time treatment and I can cost accordingly.

Cheers fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandlady View Post
    Yes I have her book. I am very blessed and honoured to have been trained in part, by Penelope Ody, the leading uk herbalist. She has written hundreds of books - this one is a great all rounder:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Herb-Society...9754750&sr=1-4

So many different herbal treatments - answers are all in the plants we just have to learn - the world keeps exploring herbs, what a same so many indigenous tribes have become extinct and therefore unable to share their vast traditional knowledge.
    Although I would never completely dismiss modern medication, I do think nature has a lot more to offer medical science, than current mainstream thinking chooses to believe. I'm also becoming more of a fan of the idea of adapting your diet, so that instead of just relying on pills and supplements, it is the food you eat that helps make and keep you well. So from the stand point of general interest, I'll be adding this to my reading list.

Thanks folks
    Ansum La

Colin do you get pins an needles in your arms with it too ?
    [

Not in my arms, but I do get occasional pin, needles and numbness, in my hands and feet. One of the Quacks who has been treating me, has said that circulatory issues can result from osteoarthritis, but to be sure, I am being checked to see if this is a related or separate issue.

FUN TIMES
    Ansum La