Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blind date

Thumbs up Blind date

Morning all

thought i would share my experience from yesterday with you all.

I contacted a member of the forum to see if they were still around the location listed on there profile (i wont name them), after a few PM's it got to the point of meeting this member, so we came to agree on a time and location and met up at said time and place.

went for a mellow walk down to a wood from a near by car park, generally chatting along the way, upon reaching the wood, i was asked what my skill level was like and knowledge, i still very much consider my self as a beginner to be fair, we found a spot and sat for a cuppa, just generally speaking about bush craft and they way we do things, it turned out to be a very nice meeting

the time taking by the forum member to explain things to me about plants and some fungi etc was great and very much appreciated, i feel the whole event for me was a very informational rich experience, discovered we had a few more things in common other than just bushcraft interests.

hopefully they will be up for meeting again, maybe i can bring some knowledge to the table that would be of interest to them, it was rather inspirational to me, and its made me want to learn alot more before we meet again.

I was rather nervous of meeting a complete stranger to be fair, but knowing we had common ground (bush craft interests) to talk about was a huge ice breaker from the get go.

this forum member is a real nice guy a pleasure to meet and talk with.

i would like to say a huge thanks for meeting me, sharing your knowledge and for the ride back to mine.

you sir are a gentleman

hope to see you again in the near future

again thank you very much for a great evening out

Madz
    I'm a simple man, pleased by simple things...................Nature wins.

Take your time and do not rush, take in every thing while out in the brush.

Trapper
    When's the engagement party ?

.......And here was I all ready to pull the thread because I thought it was for perfect match or similar......
    [

What can I say after praise like that....?

It was a pleasure for me too and a second date at least is on the cards

Thanks very much for your kind words Madz, I also learnt a few things as we always do meeting new people with different experiences. You should give yourself more credit, you concider yourself a beginner but I would say you have done really well to know as much as you do. In my experience there is no such thing as a beginner, we are all learning and if someone says they are an expert they can sometimes close the door to learning more. These things come with experience and the more you do the more experienced you will be.

We looked at animal tracks and signs, some activity had us baffaled with scrapping in the grass and more than one type of dropping. A time when I needed my tracking book with me. Tree ID came up too and some plant ID in the dark, always a challege!

Let me finish by saying it was an enjoyable evening and you too are a gentleman, we will have to get out again in the near future.
    Stamp

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    if someone says they are an expert
    ......Expert

'Ex'...a has been

'Spurt'.... a drip under pressure

[

just fired tea every where through me mouth and nose, Sapper you crack me up and woodsman definitely got me chuckling to.

Cheers Stamp, look forwards to meeting again soon

all the best, keep well and until next

hope you like your little gift, you may need to fluff it out alot when throwing sparks into it

Cheers Madz
    I'm a simple man, pleased by simple things...................Nature wins.

Take your time and do not rush, take in every thing while out in the brush.

Quote Originally Posted by MadZ View Post

Cheers Stamp, look forwards to meeting again soon

all the best, keep well and until next

hope you like your little gift, you may need to fluff it out alot
    Sheesh get a room already
    [

Don't need a room, just a forest!

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    Don't need a room, just a forest!
    ...or a mountain
    [

Seriously, good to see folk making an effort to get to know other bushcrafters in there area, and it can only be a good thing. Hope it leads to a great friendship, I've have been incredibly lucky to meet some fantastic people, ( you know who you are ) , and have restored some of my faith in human nature.... thanks folk Ian...
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....