Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Quitting smoking!

Quitting smoking!

Hiya,

I have decided to quit smoking after being a 20 plus a day man for the last 20ish years! Anyone else going through quitting at the mo?

Aye .....me , but it's more complicated. I've been addicted to smoking , chewing and snorting tobacco since I was a bairn. This is day 8 without smoking and day one without snorting or chewing. I have cheated this afternoon though. I bought some nicotine gum in natural flavour. I'm also stopping drinking through the week......I don't belive in partial torture lol.

Best of luck to you :thumbup:

Samuel Hearne
    I have tried in the past the Mrs and me both need to quit and we will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Hiya,

I have decided to quit smoking after being a 20 plus a day man for the last 20ish years! Anyone else going through quitting at the mo?
    I had smoked for over 45 yrs ( 6-50 ) And I packed up overnight, havnt had one in 12 yrs. Its real easy bud. Now the down side all you have to do is have a massive heart attack followed by heart by-pass and it kinda alters ya mindset some what. pmsl. Keep that in mind my friend and it may help. My lad hasnt had a cig for weeks now, he's using one of those e-cigs. This is one of the longest periods he's gone without a fag.good luck bud
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Chiseller, I can sympathize with you mate! I have been smoking way too much for way to long! It's hard to break the habit, for me it's mostly habit rather than a physical addiction so I just have to change my way of thinking, easier said than done! It's good to know others are going through the same as me! Stick with it mate! Ian C, there's no time like the present mate, atleast we can all have a gd winge on here when things get tough!:-D

It's easy!
    I've quit dozens of time and might do so again soon ;-)

On a serious note, try reading Alan Carr's book "Easyway". I quit for 6 months with NO pain at all.
    After 6 months is where my stupidity kicks in.

Cheers Rasputin! That's the kinda thoughts that motivated me, have a family history of heart probs and I have high blood pressure, fed up with being knackered and outta breath all the time! And on the plus side it will give me more cash to spend on bushcraft gear!:-D

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Cheers Rasputin! That's the kinda thoughts that motivated me, have a family history of heart probs and I have high blood pressure, fed up with being knackered and outta breath all the time! And on the plus side it will give me more cash to spend on bushcraft gear!:-D
    Just keep all that in mind everytime you want one, and put the money in a glass jar that you can see filling up as an incentive and think I want _ _ _ _ and buy it when you have enough £'s. The thought of the look of horror on my youngest daughters face when she saw me wheeled into the ambulance was a bigger incentive to me personaly. If you want some pics of my chest where they crack it open with a circular saw through the sternam and both legs where they take out the veins from ankle to groin, to replace the blocked arteries in your heart to help persuade you to stop they are yours. Hang in there bud
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

My name is Justin and I am a smoker. However, I have been using the electronic cigarettes since Christmas and its not that bad. I do pick up a pouch of baccy when an evening or two around the campfire beckons, I know I will end up smoking as Captain Morgan is too strong willed! But when back home the e-cigs come back out.

Tribesman
    Stick with it guys, it's a huge task. Hopefully at some point you will beat it.
    Good luck
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins