Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oh Ray..!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    As I'm still active i dont think it would be such a good idea....
    That is a typically modest view, but as it would be about the team/teams it would not be, necessarily, all about you and your experiences, you could also interview other team members for their take on situations etc.
    Heck we all know that some people get into cruddy situations due to their own stupidity but "no names no pack drill" as they say. Or is there a gagging type order in place for you guys too?

On TV we see the likes of "Helicopter Heroes", while i will not detract from what they do and achieve, surely the people on the ground deserve to be recognised.... if only to assist funding (which along with the RNLI ought to have government assistance, in my opinion).

Sorry for going off topic, I like Ray and he has never done anything on TV (or other media that I am aware of) that may cause harm or infer a practice to be safe when it is blatantly not, as others have done. I will forgive him the odd self promotion faux par when others have done far worse in their career and been applauded or even rewarded for their misgivings.

Just my tuppence worth.

Rob.

As long as he doesn't appear on "strictly come dancing" or "Im not a celebrity give me a job" I will still remain a fan.

I read his comment about not many people in the country being able to help the police as he had the time to help. Those who work on mountains rescuing people Im sure could help if they had time, but if your covering specific areas in Wales or Scotland for instance you wouldnt be able to help out. But as I say, thats how I read it, not that nobody in the country could have tracked old mouty down.

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    , but if your covering specific areas in Wales or Scotland for instance you wouldnt be able to help out.
    There are 48 MR teams in England and Wales.....3500 unpaid volunteers from Dartmoor to The Cheviots, North Yorkshire Moors to The Brecon Beacons -look how many and how far folks travelled for the April Jones search - Maybe a book is the order of the day to keep the general public informed of just how far ranging the location and work of MR teams is...and this is BEFORE we even bring into the mix the Lowland SAR Guys and Gals...

Those who can, do. Those who can do more...Volunteer

....as for Mr M...im still a fan...I still have tickets to see him
    Last edited by Silverback; 04-09-2013 at 05:57 PM.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    As long as he doesn't appear on "strictly come dancing" or "Im not a celebrity give me a job" I will still remain a fan.
    You not seen the Go Compare ad then?
    It may only be 45 seconds long, but it's just as cringe-worthy and just as crass.
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

I'm not sure he'd be the best one to ask track down a murderer but if i ever found myself in a strange town and wanted to find the nearest wrights pie shop he would be my first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by andy t View Post
    I'm not sure he'd be the best one to ask track down a murderer but if i ever found myself in a strange town and wanted to find the nearest wrights pie shop he would be my first choice.
    lol
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    I see he's at it again, stooping to the old character assassinations used by schoolboys, I'm growing more disappointed by the minute with him, I won't be buying his book on principle!

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...g-8800848.html

I guarantee he wasn't the first person the police asked, he was just the only one who accepted or was available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    I guarantee he wasn't the first person the police asked, he was just the only one who accepted or was available.
    Don't forget Gazza.....
    [

Yes I saw that Indi article too and the one in the Guardian and it makes me wonder, is the entrenchment tool Ray is currently using to dig this hole for himself, going to be available for the rest of us to buy (at a premium) on his website any time soon?

Ray oh Ray oh Ray....
    Ansum La