Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Oh Ray..!

Chiseller - love that quote of yours!:-D

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    In my oppinion all these "TV Bushcraft/ survivalist " figures are just entertainment artists. Sure they get to go places and do stuff in nature that most of us can only dream about. And sure you can pick up a bushcraft tip or two from them to try out on your own, as most of them actually know what they are doing most of the time ( and if not they probably have a helper in the production team who does).
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiseller View Post
    Taken from the guardian....
    " The term he prefers is "bushcraft" – the art of understanding and being at one with the natural world. "You learn the value of the things around you, and that forever changes your perspective on nature. It makes you feel at home in places we are otherwise brought up to believe are threatening.

Taken from me.....

They once called us heathen , pagan......and now Bushcraft......nah , we were always here and will always be here......we are the folk of the land .
    Seconded...
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Hmm... there does seem to be an 'anti Ray' theme going in these posts; is there any reason for this? I'm not his biggest fan or anything but I cant see why the borderline 'nastiness'. Maybe as a newb, I missed the debate!

Quote Originally Posted by janso View Post
    Hmm... there does seem to be an 'anti Ray' theme going in these posts; is there any reason for this? I'm not his biggest fan or anything but I cant see why the borderline 'nastiness'. Maybe as a newb, I missed the debate!
    If you look at the first post it will give you some idea
    [

Quote Originally Posted by luresalive View Post
    Given the choice I'd take Dave Canterbury

Big Dave, all day..