Page 65 of 646 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165565 ... LastLast

Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    Drybags are funny; once you get your hands on some, you find 1001 uses for them
    I'm not so sure. I have a 20 litre drybag, but I never use it since I bought my 40 litre. I just keep everything that needs keeping dry (sleeping bag, spare clothes, shemagh) in that one. Everything else is ok if it gets wet. if the weathers really bad, I'll put my bergen cover over the whole pack.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by crazysaint222 View Post
    I'm not so sure. I have a 20 litre drybag, but I never use it since I bought my 40 litre. I just keep everything that needs keeping dry (sleeping bag, spare clothes, shemagh) in that one. Everything else is ok if it gets wet. if the weathers really bad, I'll put my bergen cover over the whole pack.
    Amen brother ...wot 'e said
    [

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    Drybags are funny; once you get your hands on some, you find 1001 uses for them
    Gotta agree with you on this one, Jakob. For the last 5 years or so I've had two 13L drybags (unlucky?) and one compression drybag for my sleeping bag. Now I've just acquired a 20L clear drybag in anticipation of a short kayak trip this weekend, and I'm loving the options I have for packing now. I don't like tossing everything in one big bag, so having a couple of smaller bags paired with the slightly larger clear one is going to make my packing more versatile.

I've used them on vacation for dealing with wet beach clothing, for keeping my camera dry on dayhikes, ah I could go on for a while. Either way, I side with the Dane on this one.

Cheers!

Josh

Bought a small hand axe on the carboot just made a cover and sharpened it.

A bad day on the hills is better than a good day in work any time.

Remember pain is only weakness leaving the body.

Quite a nice looking hatchet there.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Tribal Elder
    nice axe

Coghlan's Camp Stove Toaster - http://www.coghlans.com/products/cam...hlight=toaster

Some Trek'n'eat boil in bag meals

Two 450 g canisters of Optimus gas

Okuma Salina SA 40 - http://sportdemo06.24.testsider.dk/p...Big.asp?id=499

Gelert Ascent 1 Kookset (3 piece)

2 pots 1 lid. 1 at 2 1/4" high and 1 at 5" high about 4" wide. Not masive but they are ok for two on a weekend out. They stack together very compact and light.

A bad day on the hills is better than a good day in work any time.

Remember pain is only weakness leaving the body.

Norweigan Army old style framed bergan for a project Im planning, trouble is they sent me the wrong one and it has some tears and a buckle missing.

Not to worry the replacement is on its way after a quick phone call and I get to keep the other one too so really its BOGOF
    [

A bag of Trek'n'eat boil in bag "Gourmet casserole with elk meat", which I had for dinner at work. My advice; stay away from this variant! Elk is normally my favorite meat, but this dish is the perfect combination of boring and nasty; the little taste it offers is rather unappealing. I guess I should have known better than to buy a boil in bag meal labeled "gourmet".

Two Pinewood summer shirts - http://www.pinewood.dk/v2/services/v...ge.asp?id=1042 and http://www.pinewood.dk/v2/services/v...ge.asp?id=1041 Free working clothes

100 scrubbing sponges, for cleaning my cooking gear (OCD Wha...? Hey, I got a really good deal!)