Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

  1. #1551
    Moderator jus_young's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    3,395
    Dave Budd blade for my daughters first fixed blade knife, antler to make the handle, another tripod made by the kids and a new wetstone. All from this weekends RV

  2. #1552
    Trapper El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    136
    Stainless steel Swedish army trangia stove ..it arrived 2hours ago

  3. #1553
    Hobo
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Clitheroe
    Posts
    16
    A 3x3 tarp and a hammock sleeve from DD Hammocks and a Army surplus arctic sleeping bag ! Looking forward to 1st outing since my hip replacement.

  4. #1554
    Ranger FishyFolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Harstad, Norway
    Posts
    2,599
    Bought a new wetstone a few days ago :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

    Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

  5. #1555
    Moderator JEEP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Horsens, Denmark
    Posts
    2,279
    Stanley Adventure Camp Cook Set 24 Oz. - Stainless Steel; http://www.shopstanley-pmi.com/product/7213 - Cheap, yet seems to be of very high quality. I especially like the mL and oz. scale stamped into the metal. The folding handles and the strainer holes in the lid are really nice details as well. This could very well be the perfect one-man pot on the market right now! The two insulated cups are quite nice too - and BPA/PVC free

    Glock M78 Field Knife, green; http://www.glock.com/english/outdoor_knives.htm - The knife of the Danish armed forces. From what I have heard, from people I know in the military, this is a rather decent knife. I have been wanting to try one for a while

    2X FlexiCup folding cup, one green and one red. The classic army cup, in a new improved version without BPA/PVC - and without that nasty rubbery aftertaste. It also fits over the top of a beer- or popcan, in order to keep bugs out

  6. #1556
    Tribal Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    Glock M78 Field Knife, green; http://www.glock.com/english/outdoor_knives.htm - The knife of the Danish armed forces. From what I have heard, from people I know in the military, this is a rather decent knife. I have been wanting to try one for a while
    did you get the standard one or the one with the saw?

  7. #1557
    Tribal Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    Stanley Adventure Camp Cook Set 24 Oz. - Stainless Steel; http://www.shopstanley-pmi.com/product/7213 - Cheap, yet seems to be of very high quality. I especially like the mL and oz. scale stamped into the metal. The folding handles and the strainer holes in the lid are really nice details as well. This could very well be the perfect one-man pot on the market right now! The two insulated cups are quite nice too - and BPA/PVC free
    Double post... this actually looks quite good as well! I like that it has a metal lid...what is the capacity of the cup itself?

  8. #1558
    Tribal Elder Fletching's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,277
    Preparation-H to stick in my mini first aid kit.

    Steve
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

  9. #1559
    Moderator Adam Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    4,885
    Quote Originally Posted by comanighttrain View Post
    Double post... this actually looks quite good as well! I like that it has a metal lid...what is the capacity of the cup itself?
    I'd have to agree on that, it looks a great piece of kit.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

    Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

  10. #1560
    Moderator Adam Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    4,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletching View Post
    Preparation-H to stick in my mini first aid kit.

    Steve
    I won't ask, if you don't tell lol
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

    Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •