Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

On my old Ford Scorpio, I must have changed all the parts of the front suspension (bad road up here), all the brake parts including calipers, only to have the traction control sensor die, wich meant no ABS. The clutch started to smell burned, and when the front wind screen cracked, I gave up and traded it in...I had spent about 1500£ in repairs...they gave me 500 for it...
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Local flea market day.... Picked up a Vango Fusion 3 season bag, like new, for £7. And in theh post this morning I got my theraband gold.. TWANNNNG !!
    Utringue Paratus

Northern Soul Bushcraft.......

Its the same sort of thing here in the UK Rune. Unless you break it yourself and sell it on, the older cars are pretty much worth nothing.

We now drive a 2002 Passat 1.9 TDI. Compared to most people we know, its pretty old but its a great car and for the well under book price we got it for, we couldn't say no. If it lasts us ten years like our old one, we will be happy.

Yeah we got a 2005 VW Touran Highliner 2.0 TDI now. The seats could be more comfortable but it will hopefully carry us for a number of years. And with half the fuel consumption. One previous owner, all services followed at the brand garage. And the kids got more space in the back...
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    You making a catty or have one ready to add the bands?
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
    Local flea market day.... Picked up a Vango Fusion 3 season bag, like new, for £7. And in theh post this morning I got my theraband gold.. TWANNNNG !!

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Yeah we got a 2005 VW Touran Highliner 2.0 TDI now. The seats could be more comfortable but it will hopefully carry us for a number of years. And with half the fuel consumption. One previous owner, all services followed at the brand garage. And the kids got more space in the back...
    1972 MGB GT with a stage II head, lowered springs and negative camber wishbones - cheap to maintain, cheap insurance, no road tax and very little to go wrong - no air con, no PAS, no ABS, no servo, no electric windows and, as of 17.20 last night, no near side rear wheel on the way to After School Club, I hate it when that happens, very disappointing........ if anyone has a spare hub in the shed........

I think a mod can move all the car bragging posts to a more fitting space now :-)
    (Roald Amundsen)

Quote Originally Posted by laika View Post
    1972 MGB GT with a stage II head, lowered springs and negative camber wishbones - cheap to maintain, cheap insurance, no road tax and very little to go wrong - no air con, no PAS, no ABS, no servo, no electric windows and, as of 17.20 last night, no near side rear wheel on the way to After School Club, I hate it when that happens, very disappointing........ if anyone has a spare hub in the shed........
    Best of luck with your hub search.
    Can remember driving round a large roundabout in my Ford 100e side valve Popular,and remarking to the wife."ow look a wheel !!it just missed us?!?!?!"it wasn't untill we reach our exit n I turned left,that the car fell on to its hub/brake drum.ploughing a groove in the road.But as you say easy to fix.ATB.mike
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

A new heavy duty sleeping bag zip...repair needed
    [

Quote Originally Posted by midas View Post
    Best of luck with your hub search.
    Can remember driving round a large roundabout in my Ford 100e side valve Popular,and remarking to the wife."ow look a wheel !!it just missed us?!?!?!"it wasn't untill we reach our exit n I turned left,that the car fell on to its hub/brake drum.ploughing a groove in the road.But as you say easy to fix.ATB.mike
    Bought: one hub, studs, aluminium wheel nuts, and a split pin : Cost: a pint..... well probably several.......