Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

I broke the bank today.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a laplander style saw, for when I have a proper go at making a campfire.

On the way back from a little wander earlier today, I popped into Poundland (rude not to) and saw this.

http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-r...z/pruning-saw/

It should probably have the word 'disposable' in the product title, but it might be handy while I'm practising my wood cutting skills in the garden

I also got two emergency shelters, which are basically a very cheap tarp, ideal if you are in a tent, fancy some grub and don't want to get soaked to the skin, cooking outside in the rain. I carried one with me during last summers adventures, I only needed to use it a couple of times, but it did the job when I needed it to and didn't burst into flames, which is always a bonus.

I also got two wind up torches, which proved popular with my friends who developed a habit of 'acquiring' them off me.

And two head torches, which from last years experiences are great in the dark, so long as there isn't any rain.

Now I'm not going to claim Poundland products are of the highest quality, or are likely to be that long lasting, but in my experience, they are handy for cheapo camping spares and practice before you buy a proper one type things.

I also popped in to Millets, who are still marking down some decent gear to silly prices and picked up two of these for £1 each
    http://www.millets.co.uk/product/095...tribute=165465

Lots of change from a tenner.

Ansum la

Tribesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernowek Scouser View Post
    I broke the bank today.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a laplander style saw, for when I have a proper go at making a campfire.

On the way back from a little wander earlier today, I popped into Poundland (rude not to) and saw this.

http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-r...z/pruning-saw/

It should probably have the word 'disposable' in the product title, but it might be handy while I'm practising my wood cutting skills in the garden

I also got two emergency shelters, which are basically a very cheap tarp, ideal if you are in a tent, fancy some grub and don't want to get soaked to the skin, cooking outside in the rain. I carried one with me during last summers adventures, I only needed to use it a couple of times, but it did the job when I needed it to and didn't burst into flames, which is always a bonus.

I also got two wind up torches, which proved popular with my friends who developed a habit of 'acquiring' them off me.

And two head torches, which from last years experiences are great in the dark, so long as there isn't any rain.

Now I'm not going to claim Poundland products are of the highest quality, or are likely to be that long lasting, but in my experience, they are handy for cheapo camping spares and practice before you buy a proper one type things.

I also popped in to Millets, who are still marking down some decent gear to silly prices and picked up two of these for £1 each
    http://www.millets.co.uk/product/095...tribute=165465

Lots of change from a tenner.

Ansum la
    The saw looks a bargain, will we see any pics of it in use ower la?
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins

Quote Originally Posted by comanighttrain View Post
    I feel you bud.... damn work! should be 5 days of bushing and 2 days of work !
    If only!!!!!

Trapper
    I have bought a frontline hammock and an xl tarp direct from DD. Half price as they are seconds. The hammock has one of the mossie net attachment points stitched on back to front (the horror) and I can't find anything wrong withe tarp. Nothing, nil, nada. Got to be the bargain of the century. I have also invested in a HunkaXL bivi from Alpkit. They have spent the last week trying to track it down for me as I hadn't received it yet, only to find my alcoholic neighbour had taken it in but couldn't be arsed to drop it round til she needed me to go and get her some more gin. Haven't used them yet but I've had great service from both companies.
    Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan XF View Post
    I have bought a frontline hammock and an xl tarp direct from DD. Half price as they are seconds. The hammock has one of the mossie net attachment points stitched on back to front (the horror) and I can't find anything wrong withe tarp. Nothing, nil, nada. Got to be the bargain of the century.
    I saw one of those XL tarp seconds, at the weekend (one of our group bought one and a couple of hammocks). There was a minute tear about 10 inches from the ridgeline, that had been repaired so well, you could hardly see it. They are definitely great bargains.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    I've been using one of those poundland saws since last year,and they're ok..they don't cut as smoothly as a laplander but they cut well, the only problem I had was the little pin just behind the pivot fell out and now the saw won't lock in place,but I'll take the blade off it and buy a new saw and thus have a replacement blade when the new one wears out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan XF View Post
    I have bought a frontline hammock and an xl tarp direct from DD. Half price as they are seconds.
    Have you got a link Dan? I dont see any on their site shop.....Thanks
    There's no brew without fire.

Quote Originally Posted by klause View Post
    Have you got a link Dan? I dont see any on their site shop.....Thanks
    The link on the shopping page is only available if they have any seconds to sell on. Just had a look and its definately not there at the moment.

Toyota Quiltmaster 226.

I hear you all say.

Its a sewing machine! I can admit it, I bought a sewing machine. I investigated it for ages, looked at reviews, asked advice and am proud to say I have a new toy. Do I have an inferiority complex or doubt my own manliness? NO! Do I need to explain myself on here and big myself up? Never.

But what it does mean is that I can now get my silnylon tarp and underquilt 2 underway and tested, after I have finished my sons knife.

Remember...

Real men wear Pink!

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Toyota Quiltmaster 226.
    I hear you all say.
    Its a sewing machine! I can admit it, I bought a sewing machine. I investigated it for ages, looked at reviews, asked advice and am proud to say I have a new toy. Do I have an inferiority complex or doubt my own manliness? NO! Do I need to explain myself on here and big myself up? Never.
    But what it does mean is that I can now get my silnylon tarp and underquilt 2 underway and tested, after I have finished my sons knife.
    Remember...
    Real men wear Pink!
    Cool buy there I keep thinking about getting one but I dont think I could ever get one working
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses