Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Well it worked great! Boiled a litre pan of water in about 5 mins. Really happy with it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	13681

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Not actually bought.. I raised a complaint with the manufacturer of walking shoes this week after receiving a pair of walking shoes (received as a gift). The laces that were already laced up inside the shoes, the laces one was shorter than the other & the 2nd was badly damaged shrivelled up looked like it had been damaged by heat of some sorts? I didn't receive spare laces but a roll of the same coloured paracord used for the laces free of charge. There must be over 5 meters of the cord. I'm good, so the remainder of the cord I'll put to good use for Bushcraft purposes might create some knots lanyards etc..
    Regards
    David

I purchased a new chair.

The specifications from Amazon are:-

Specification:
    Size(Folding): 56 x 60.5 65.5cm
    Storage Pouch: 35 x 13 x 9cm
    Color: Blue/Orange/Red/Dark Blue

It will seat up to 100kg (within that [currently]) and it weighs about just over half a bag of sugar (500g roughly).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160526_180446 (Small).jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	13682

Name:	20160526_180603 (Small).jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	13683

Name:	20160526_180643 (Small).jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	13684

Name:	20160526_180734 (Small).jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	13685

The best bit is, when I tried to get the dog to sit in it (the only model available currently), he slid out! So, he's not going to steal my chair again!

I suspect the legs will sink in on soft ground, but I can make some pads to avoid that or use other people's coffee mugs to slide over the legs.

The ruler was set to 40cm.
    Last edited by Ehecatl; 26-05-2016 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Ruler Info
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Nice but you won't get me outta my ripstop bushy al la rip off of Paul's lol

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Hello, so I bought one of these...

And it arrived today.

I've been itching to try out my "new" IKEA stove and to use it, so with this brew kit I had the perfect excuse...

Tempted the family out with a promise of hot chocolate out in the woods!!!😉

Chocolate is magic and so are the woods...

I thought I'd try out some of the gifts kindly sent by David-JAFO , a while a go ...
    Steel striker and quartz chunk , the charcloth is from the last batch I did back in winter...

I got the stove going in no time , got the ember on some dried birch bark paper , dry twigs and larch cones.

When it was all going well i loaded the kettle on...

I made all 4 hot chocolates out of one load...

The kettle is awesome, sturdy and light, the vented lid sits perfectly on and the handle has a very good snapping lock.

The milk reached boiling point at just over 5 minutes... so very impressed with that.
    The handle did not get hot, and the stove performed as well as the kettle!

The kettle has measurements in 4oz increments...

Also , the kettle fits inside the IKEA stove nicely.

Sizes:
    kettle is 100mm wide by 150mm tall

Cups (each):
    90mm x 90mm
    ( outside measurement)

75mm wide x 80 mm tall
    (inside measurement)

Chuffed as the kettle was only £15 from sports direct... Thank you for the tip off Humakt!!

(Link and thread here:
    http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...d.php?p=133602)

And the stove was bought for 99 pence from the charity shop a while back.

Now I need to make a drawstring leather bag to fit it all in.

The lump of concrete was just there on the floor and I used it to stop the stove from scorching the new benches in our little spot... leave no trace!

Last edited by Woody; 27-05-2016 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Detailed dimensions

Stop me!
    Please!

Ok so I went to pick up some milk and bread at the supermarket...which is next to the new XXL superstore...4000 square meters of outdoors and sports gear that just opened in my town.
    And I won 20£ in Lotto last weekend so I was in the plus!

And there it was, on the wall of knives and axes...the Øyo Viking Axe, 19.90£ on sale from 35£...MINE!, only MINE!!!!!

ANyway, the handles on these are rubbish, but sifting trough what was there I found one that had grain going from end to end, so I took that one.
    It is sharpish, not the scary sharp you get from a Wetterlings or an Gränsfors bruk axe. This is after all just a mass produced tourist souvenir really.
    But it looks like it will split wood far better than any knife, and in size and weight not much bigger than my Leuku.

I do however feel that my little wetterlings hatchet will be the one I take out, so I just may give thios one some love with some linseed oil, and
    hide it in a drawer until the runt is old enough to have a go with it.

NO, NO chance, this thing is DANGEROUS....the force you have to use because of the useless grind, makes it dangerous for unexperienced users.

But been wanting one for years. After all, it says "viking axe" on the box. Comes with a drawstring axe max...

I'll hang it on the wall, and leave it there.

Anyway, these guys tells what it is.

Last edited by FishyFolk; 27-05-2016 at 04:18 PM.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Having a shop like that so close to home is just trouble
    .. I feel for you Rune.
    Will power test for sure. 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Having a shop like that so close to home is just trouble
    .. I feel for you Rune.
    Will power test for sure. ��
    They have everything a modern hobby bushcrafter can wish for, from first aid kits to 30-06 hunting rifles. Fishing gear, all the Norwegian knives, axes, bows, tents, tarps all the most popular gas and multifuel stoves, clothes, sleeping bags, GPS, maps, compasses, horse and dog stuff, bicycles, everything! And all sold at internett prices. The seller today told me that if you find anything we sell on the internet cheaper from a Norwegian outlet, we will match the price. There is simply no need to pay for postage anymore. I will just check prices online before I buy at this place. :-)

The Brittish soldiers who come here for winter training every year will go nuts in there :-)
    Last edited by FishyFolk; 27-05-2016 at 04:29 PM.
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Rune packing my bags moving to Norway.. bus Glasgow to Muckle Flugga kayak the rest.. I'm now too old for BFPO I could ask the Ministry of Defence if I could go on a Arctic Warfare Cadre refresher course..
    Regards
    David

As you mentions kayak...the neighbour store is allmost the same size amd opened last week....in there you find everything from pipe wrenches to sit-on-top fishing kayaks...I was drooling at one today. A plastic-fantastic wonder with four fishing rod holders, ready fixing for a fish finder etc...250£ :-)
    The only reason I don't own one right now, is that up here you also need a dry suit...that will costy me 500£....

https://www.jula.no/catalog/fritid/b...kajakk-650399/
    (Roald Amundsen)