Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by claverhouse View Post
    You can own a balisong, just like you can own an F-S knife, a lock-knife or a bayonet ...... it is however illegal to carry them in a public place.
    I was under the impression butterfly knives, as well as switch blades, were totally illegal to even own in the UK. Like Martin says, they are designed to be concealed weapons, that can be deployed in an instant, unlike commando knives, bayonets, survival knives, chefs knives, etc, etc,...
    It is totally illegal to buy such knives in the UK, as well as sell them, so it makes sense they don't want us owning one. I would seriously check the "actual" laws (rather than what people say) if you own one, to make sure you are permitted.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Bates 2250 desert ops boots. I should have them Wed.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Bates 2250 desert ops boots. I should have them Wed.
    Skilfully brought back onto topic Shawn.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by crazysaint222 View Post
    I was under the impression butterfly knives, as well as switch blades, were totally illegal to even own in the UK. Like Martin says, they are designed to be concealed weapons, that can be deployed in an instant, unlike commando knives, bayonets, survival knives, chefs knives, etc, etc,...
    It is totally illegal to buy such knives in the UK, as well as sell them, so it makes sense they don't want us owning one. I would seriously check the "actual" laws (rather than what people say) if you own one, to make sure you are permitted.
    And that is the impression "they" want you to have. The law restricts the SALE ( not purchase )and PUBLIC possession of these items, not the private ownership of them ( ie, in your own home or property ). The "actual law" is what I do for a living ...
    I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Gents, this is in danger of veering even further off topic. Please move discussion of the legality of such weapons somewhere else on the forum.

Thanks

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Just ordered a new Leatherman Wave from amazon In Aus i see them for sale for at least 150 bucks most of the time, half that online

So, back on the butterfly knife topic........

Got it yesterday, it's not as bad as I've read from a couple reviews, it is floppy and loose, but solid. Also find the bottle opener part of it throws the balance off, either due to length or the mass of having it that far out. The bottle opener is just over 2mm thick, whereas the slots it sits in in the handles is just a bit under 4mm....... you can see why it's sloppy now. Luckily, I can fit in a 1/8" piece of steel so I can make a new practice blade for it, or will just find some teflon washers to install. Will figure something out.

And, back on topic of new stuff, received the knife supplies order I placed two weeks ago, more importantly, I received my etching supplies, and last week ordered my STKR photoresist stencils, so if I can get things working right, there will now be my logo on my knives!

While shopping for groceries this afternoon I managed to sneak in what my wife thinks is a tin of cheap Nivea skin care cream, while in reality the tin is a well camouflaged charcloth making tin...
    It's already used in an amazing firekit making experiment that turned out very well indeed, and I will reveal it via YT as soon as my camera is charged up :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

I just bought 2 of the Tesco Triangle meal sets before they disappear from the shelves when LMF sue them! Apart from the salt set replacement for the spork they appear identical.
    I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy

Got me the Tiffin Tin from pound land
    Its a nice wee bit of kit.

Cheers
    AL