Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by lifeonalandslip View Post
    Just received another of these...
    http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/w...mock-812-p.asp
    I have had my last one for a couple of years and it's still OK, but has seen a good bit of wear and tear. I know some will say it's no good by a fire etc etc, but at thirty odd quid, so what? OK, I don't live in the frozen North, but it's as warm as toast and windproof, the hood cinches up to keep your neck warm and the sleeves slide up my arms for messy and watery stuff.
    Still using mine for work, taken one hell of a beating over the last couple of years but still going strong.

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Valantine View Post
    cheers alan looks a great buy!
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Ive got the same thing. If it's the same quality as mine, you won't regret the wait :-)
    I second that.

I've not actually used mine yet but from a look over its quite decent quality considering

British Army MTP compatible leather gloves...new never issued £5
    [

New stiffneck, couple of bottles of alcohol hand stuff (lights fires too) and loads of Normasol
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Looks like I made the bargain of the year with those skis I got for helping out the landlord :-)

With the help of a Norwegian outdoors forum I got them identified as a pair of Fischer E129 Tour S-Bound skis and they cost new 250£ and mine does not have any sign that they where ever used :-)

The bindings are a pair of Rottefella m98 NATO which is identical with the Rottefella Riva 1. Which is an old school 75mm ski boot binding that everyone on the Norwegian forums are raving about, but sadly for them is not produced anymore.

Anyway the thse are the words of the Norwegian importer: Fischer Europa 129 Tour has the same width and powerfull core as the Fischer Hunter skis, but with steel edges and a waxable sole. A favourite ammong hunters, ice fishers, the electric cable workers etc. The skis are also very good for down hill skiing.

All that gibberish tranlates to: I got myself a very good pair of bushcraft skis at the cost of some sore muscles :-)

Pictures:

Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

they look brand new..well done

Quote Originally Posted by rawfish111 View Post
    New stiffneck, couple of bottles of alcohol hand stuff (lights fires too) and loads of Normasol
    0.9 of course
    [

What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Ok so stuffs arrived now. Still not impressed by the svord. Blunt as an egg beater, but have heard a lot about this being a problem. Won't take much to sort
    The lk70, love it. It really is huge. Needs fettling and a stitch and see here n there, reproofing and the leather wants feeding. My kind of pack, lots of character about it.
    Para cords here too, 100m of 3 mm. Happy days.
    Time for another eBay-a-thon to raise more dosh for more toys:-)
    Winter is coming

Only a small item, but I bought a small Square Grill Pan in Aldi today. Only £3.49.

They also did small round Frying Pans and Mini Woks for the same price. Ideal for the lone camper!

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...i-frying-pans/