Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Army surplus wishlist.....!?

Long legs

Ive found that when i get a batch of surplus clothing in its always the bigger sizes ie 40" waists that sell first.
    In nature there are no rewards or punishments: there are consequences.

Cheers for that! I will look into larger sizes! Was also thinking of maybe knocking up some bushcraft "starter" kits, stove, firesteel, pans, spork etc in a bag for a reasonable price.......

L1A1 with wood furniture
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Samuel Hearne
    L1A1 with wood furniture? I still have a cleaning kit for one of them lol.

Stainless steel water bottles, martindale golok and ka-bars will sell well. Good luck

Definitely wool blankets...they are in high demand here in the States, especially those that are Italian made and 100% wool. Only problem is that the prices have sky-rocketed - 5 years ago, a used Italian officer's blanket would cost you no more than $25 in the average surplus store. Now you're looking at spending upwards of $50...IF you can find one .
    Another thing to mention are canvas rucksacks, such as the Italian army mountaineering pack. Not too many folks are willing to pay top dollar for a Frost River when they can buy a decent surplus pack for less than a quarter of the price.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Ration packs for sure, there must be somewhere you can get them cheaper than £20 a pop? that's including P&P of course.
    If you're not living life on the edge, then you're taking up to much room!

I don't know the volumes but as far as clothing goes the fella in Camborne says he sells loads of goretex jackets and over trousers this time of year, softie trousers (and jackets when he can get them) and the desi windproof smocks in the winter and norgies all year round (usually when I pop in and he has one in my size). He also does a steady trade with patrol boots.

Kit wise, Bashas and jungle sleeping bags seem to tick over for him.

Good luck.
    Ansum La

Genuine Olive green US or British ponchos are hard to find and much sought after.