Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: # of battery operated devices?

Trapper

Question # of battery operated devices?

What is the number of battery operated devices that you take with you camping and also what are they?

For my wife and I we take six devices. A flash light and cell phone for each of us. We also take a camera and a mp3/4 player. The camera is new so our next trip will be its first use, I'm hoping to get some good pics. I am thinking of adding a radio to this too.

I'll never get a GPS.

Depends what time of year. But mainly 3 things:

Mobile phone, camera, and flashlight. The latter left at home in the summer, as there is no need with 24/7 daylight
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

normally only a tactical torch, rarely use it though as it takes stupid size batteries that cost the earth, recently had to start taking the phone places because of family but leave it at home when i can

cheers

Madz

Depends........but normally just my headtorch or handtorch and phone when shrafting, maybe a camera.

I do have and take GPS and digital mapping but thats for another tasking
    [

Mobile Phone (not that it's much use as it's a BlackBerry - next to hopeless!) Head torch, Maglite. Sometimes take an ebook reader as it's lighter than a book and I can read in the dark then!

Samuel Hearne
    I have normally got a torch, mobile phone, and sometimes a GPS also I have solar monkey/ gorilla, so I can charge my phone.

I normally take a phone, Ipod touch, head torch, small DAB radio, kindle and sometimes a camera.

All of them apart from the head torch are rechargable and I have a very small 12000mah battery pack I can charge most of them up with if need be.

Too much stuff I no but I enjoy using all of them!! Nothing like sitting down chilling out reading a book whilst listening to the footy on the radio, I even very much enjoy lying in my hammock at night watching a film on my Ipod touch.

Horses for courses I guess!!

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    A phone and sometimes a head torch. Have started to take a cheap wind up one though as to be honest it is really only used to navigate from my hammock to the long drop/latrine.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Headtorch, camera, phone, photon-light and a kindle sometimes.

Phone(as camera) photon micro lite, petzl zipka 2 head touch. Though I have the photon on a paracord necklace and never really need to use my head touch.