Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: you know you're getting old when....

you know you're getting old when....

....you think it's a good idea when taking the kids to the park, to ride on your mountain board holding on to the two dogs and shout MUSH!!!! Everything was going swimmingly until the rottweiler decided to stop for a ca*k, the terrier decided to keep on running and you end up boarding into a wheelie bin and faceplanting onto the pavement. In the old days I would have jumped up and laughed it off, but I know I'm going to regret it in the morning.....

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    Kid's still laughing???

hahaha brilliant mate!

kids still laughing, missus still laughing, the damn neighbours are still laughing. My knee is killing, as is my shoulder and my back! Mind, I got up to a hell of a speed, would love to have a go at proper husky sledging!

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by beermaker View Post
    kids still laughing, missus still laughing, the damn neighbours are still laughing. My knee is killing, as is my shoulder and my back! Mind, I got up to a hell of a speed, would love to have a go at proper husky sledging!
    Husky sledding is awesome, but just as much opportunity to face plant. Although usually nicer , into soft snow !

Quote Originally Posted by beermaker View Post
    I can see it's a good spectator sport, hope your injuries recover as quickly as your dignity. I must admit to being envious of attempt if not the spectacular finish.
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

When my Daughter was about 6, she was playing in the street (Cul-de-Sac) with friends when I arrived home on my motorbike. Very very slowly up the road 'cos of the kids in the road, brake to a halt, slight wobble..foot down in a hurry.. Kickstart goes up leg of flared jeans (remember them??) Can't get foot down now...Fell in a heap under the bike..

Street full of anklebiters shrieking with laughter...Daughter's 48 now and still I'm not allowed to forget. Beermaker you have a lifetime of suffering ahead of you..

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by saxonaxe View Post
    When my Daughter was about 6, she was playing in the street (Cul-de-Sac) with friends when I arrived home on my motorbike. Very very slowly up the road 'cos of the kids in the road, brake to a halt, slight wobble..foot down in a hurry.. Kickstart goes up leg of flared jeans (remember them??) Can't get foot down now...Fell in a heap under the bike..

Street full of anklebiters shrieking with laughter...Daughter's 48 now and still I'm not allowed to forget. Beermaker you have a lifetime of suffering ahead of you..
    I did similar trick in the carpark outside work, jump on the bike, started her up, stomped into first , let out the clutch and bang ...
    sprawled out on the floor with the bike on top of me leg ! Only gone and left the bloody disk lock on !!!
    Never used the stupid thing after that !

You no your getting on when every time you get out of the chair after sitting in it a while you make a funny noise!! Lol

I'm 33 by the way, it ain't looking good!!

" I'm 33 by the way, it ain't looking good!! "

The future is bleak......