Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mid England

Question Mid England

Hi,

Does East Anglia count as 'Mid England'?

Ken
    It's amazing what you can do with some meths and hexi blocks!

Coming Soon - http://www.bushcrafters.co.uk

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    I would say you were in the South East.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

It is a funny one every one I talk to from here says they are in the East of the country but I would have thought South East.
    We could debate it on Sunday LOL

Would mid England contain counties such as, Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Leicestershire and Warwickshire?
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

I would say probably it would contain the counties of Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire, Shropshire, Northamptonshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Cambridgeshire and top of Gloucestershire, the middle of the country really Norfolk and Suffolk I would say are east really. Bucks I would say is close to London so could be in South East or the top part in the Mid but if meets happen anywhere if you can travel there what the heck. I know Wolfcrafter lives in Suffolk but has made it to some meets in Warwickshire.

Exactly lol, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for any meets I can get to really. I put the learning, and practical application of any skills, above geographic location, as far as priorities go haha
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

whys that Ken,have the LibDems moved into the midlands now
    RAY MEARS ATE MY POTPLANT

yes just made it to peasant hehe
    RAY MEARS ATE MY POTPLANT

I know I should not refer to another site, but there is another popular forum site about bushcraft where we often have meets in the midlands. they are based in parts of Warwickshire fairly close to the NEC, we have two sites we use. One a scout camp the other a wood of which we are the only group allowed into. We have a few people who come from around the midlands from east and west

There is also another bushcraft website which organise a meeting near Milton Keynes (the concrete cow place).

If you need references to these send me a pm and I'll give you the details of the meets but I don't want to openly plug the websites on another forum. I realise that most people on this site are not midlands based but it is an excellent site and I don't want to anger the Mods

I am also in the process of trying to get another site up and running but it will take a while as I live away from the Midlands working in Wiltshire at present, but as soon as I have details I hope to get some meets up and running there.