Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Strange One - How to stop a dog attack?

Hobo
    attack it first XD

Hobo
    This is cracking me up. I have two labs they may lick you to death but never bite.
    I was chased by a Doberman once. What I found was:

The best defense against a dog is the same as a good defense against an aggressive person. It’s all about attitude.
    If you present the posture that you… are the big dog… and that you won’t take any guff out them. They will back down.

If that does not work… walk slowly and directly up to them and punch the closest one right in the top of the head as hard as you possibly can.

It will not kill them but they will get the message.

Side note: You guys have some messed up laws. Well... most of the US does also.
    Iguess it would freak you out to know that any non fellon in Texas can carry a loaded and chambered gun in there car. Employeers are forbiden from telling you cant have a gun in your car in the work parking lot.
    Most folks around here keep there dogs leashed or fenced.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dsavidge View Post
    ....Iguess it would freak you out to know that any non fellon in Texas can carry a loaded and chambered gun in there car. Employeers are forbiden from telling you cant have a gun in your car in the work parking lot.
    It doesn't freak me out dsavidge but it does make me realise, once again, how lucky I am to live in the UK.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    It doesn't freak me out dsavidge but it does make me realise, once again, how lucky I am to live in the UK.

Martin
    The answer is, don't annoy anyone enough to make them want to shoot you . Something I may struggle with
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by crazysaint222 View Post
    The answer is, don't annoy anyone enough to make them want to shoot you . Something I may struggle with
    Have you seen some of those programmes on late at night about the police in America? You don't need to annoy some of them to get shot.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Have you seen some of those programmes on late at night about the police in America? You don't need to annoy some of them to get shot.

Martin
    That's me doubly done for then lol

Hobo
    Unfortunately shows like COPS find the worst places of the worst places to take videos. From what I understand they may spend a month or more finding enough bad video to make up one 30 minute show.

Most Police here are straight up and great folks. We back our boys in Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by dsavidge View Post
    Most Police here are straight up and great folks. We back our boys in Blue.
    I don't think Martin meant any offence to the police, in any way buddy. More the guys they are chasing, but I know what you mean with the finding the worst places. I think the police over here do the same thing, it makes for good television apparently lol

Adam

The best way to stop a Police dog from attacking you is......STAND STILL! STAND STILL! STAND STILL! or I'll send the dog.......sorry got carried away there

seriously dont run you'll only go to jail with bite marks
    [

Quote Originally Posted by crazysaint222 View Post
    I don't think Martin meant any offence to the police, in any way buddy. More the guys they are chasing, but I know what you mean with the finding the worst places. I think the police over here do the same thing, it makes for good television apparently lol

Adam
    Yeah, no offence intended. Still glad I live in the UK though.

Martin