Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: possible lymes disease.

All the best to the wee man.

Hope all works out for the good, get well little fella.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Jeep, I think the NBC/my post reply meaning of 'speedy recovery' is purely in support for 'little Fish' & the family
    everyone's behind such in kind words & thoughts. I understand what you say BTW, definitely I agree with you,
    it is no joke http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyme_disease
    Regards
    David

[QUOTE=JEEP;89903]Hopes for a speedy recovery! Lyme's disease is no joke..!

No worries mate, not calling you out

PM sent.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Oh no! ... Sorry to hear this Jus, hope he recovers fast.

I tell'e what, I just had a stunner of a wkend out in the woods/meadows and for the first time I found ticks stuck in me!.. I'm a little worried now as the first bugger I had stuck in me I didn't know what it was and pulled the critter off, I didn't realise it was a tick at the time as obviously I wouldn't have done that. I found another two crawling about me.

I've got a small red mark where the bite was, chap in work recon'd I should go to the docs, I thought he was over-reacting and thought I'd only go if I saw any symptoms, I'm aware of the lymes disease symptoms - but now I don't know whether I should take a course of antibiotics just incase!?

Pablo offers some good info on them: http://www.woodlife.co.uk/tickwatch/
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello Jacob,
    PM received. Sorry about the misunderstanding my friend, that wasn't intended. I do understand where your coming from,
    which I was merely pointing out the serious understanding of such in agreeing with you. Please accept my humble apologies
    over the faux pas Jacob
    Regards
    David

No worries

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post

I tell'e what, I just had a stunner of a wkend out in the woods/meadows and for the first time I found ticks stuck in me!.. I'm a little worried now as the first bugger I had stuck in me I didn't know what it was and pulled the critter off, I didn't realise it was a tick at the time as obviously I wouldn't have done that. I found another two crawling about me.

I've got a small red mark where the bite was, chap in work recon'd I should go to the docs, I thought he was over-reacting and thought I'd only go if I saw any symptoms, I'm aware of the lymes disease symptoms - but now I don't know whether I should take a course of antibiotics just incase!?

I would go get it checked mate/best to be on the safe side

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post

I also would recommend going to to the doc, especially if any swelling develops. Catch it early, and you should only have to take two antibiotic pills prescribed by the doc.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Well done for pressing for better care, and I hope Ben gets better soon.